Moderate 2 door Build Advice

Wayoffkilter

Hello everyone I'm a newbie on here and to 4x4 builds.

I have a 2012 jk sport the plan is mostly overlanding in the Rockies. However I'll be using it for some longer highway trips aswell.

Build plan is(no particular order):

35" tires
2.5" rock crawler max travel lift with Rancho RS9000XLs
Evo sliders
Evo protek skid system
Evo protek evap skid
Warn stubby bumper(owned)
Warn zeon 8000lb
Rear bumper with tire carrier and Jerry can mounts(unsure brand right now)
Dynatrac trail leader package
Moryde Jerry can side mounts(both sides)

Recovery gear:

Hilift on roll bar mount (owned)
Recovery strap(owned)
Shackles X3(owned)
Kinetic recovery rope
Tree saver strap
Traction boards? Unsure where to mount these if I get them

I think that's in thanks in advance. Any suggestions or alternatives I'm open to changing things.

Wayoffkilter

Thanks guys I've been doing alot of reading on here.

I'm unsure if the trail leader comes with the air compressor but I'll have to get that for the ARB locker anyhow.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks guys I've been doing alot of reading on here.

I'm unsure if the trail leader comes with the air compressor but I'll have to get that for the ARB locker anyhow.

Call Dynatrac and they'll know for sure. For awhile it did because ARB had a promotion where if you bought a locker you received a compressor. Not sure if that is still going on though.

Wayoffkilter

One thing that you guys might be able to help with is what are the best sources of parts for us folks north of the border?

Northridge?

GTJeeper

Many places will ship to Canada for an extra charge, Northridge is the only one I know of with a Canadian site that allows free shipping and such if you spend a certain amount. To my knowledge that’s going to be one of your better options, if not the best. May be worth contacting other companies via phone or email to ask if nobody else chimes in...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
You list looks good, but also looking into the Evo enforcer stage 1 lift.

If found it best to order straight from the manufacturer where possible. It cuts out the middle man if you need help or something is not right. Just my two cents.

Another great state side supplier is Exodus jeeps. Give bubba a shout, I’m pretty sure you guys could work thru the shipping with such a big order.

Wayoffkilter

So I was reading that with a 2 door you need new driveshafts at 2.5" lift. Whats are the prefered shafts in the community?

Also is there a preferred programmer out there?

Thanks again for all the help.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
I run Adams on my JKU and have had no vibration up to 75-77 mph and it’s just as likely to be coming from my tires and it’s minimal. 1310s should be good enough for your build, but if you think you will go beyond 35s, it will be worth investing in 1350s.

GTJeeper

I’ve got the Adams 1310’s and they’ve been awesome. I’ve got about a 2.5-3” lift on my two door and didn’t get them to start, once I hit a moderate trail my factory front had some issues and didn’t last, so I went with front and rear and couldn’t be happier.

Skylar the jku

So I was reading that with a 2 door you need new driveshafts at 2.5" lift. Whats are the prefered shafts in the community?

Adams driveshafts seem to have a great reputation. As for programmers, I'm not too sure, but I hear super chips aren't a bad option.

BaddestCross

With what you plan on doing, your stock shafts will probably last awhile. Just keep your eyes on the joints at the transfer case. When they go, grease will puke out and then it's time to start thinking about an upgrade.

To answer your question, though, Adams are great. I'm running their 1350s in front and rear. I use the SuperChips Flashpaq for tuning and computer adjustments.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom