*BODY LIFT* Jeep JK - 2 doors - Manual... -_-“

BenJKWrangler15

Good evening everyone! Been a while since I came here...

Anyhow, I hope everyone’s doing good! If you aren’t, I raise my beer and wish you a wonderful week!

So, I’ve been looking into a 2" (I know, I know, hold them angry comments) body lift for my 2 doors Jeep Wrangler JK 2015 Sport, Manual.

So far, it doesn’t look good. I’ve seen some companies body lift for 2 doors JK Manual that offer 1 or 1.25" of body lift with shifter «*raiser*» but nothing like I wish to get. It’s simple - in my book, everything’s possible BUT nothing «*bolt on*»... Looks like it’s a PITA. I’m sure it has been done before or at least attempted. To put you into perspective thy do offer 2" body lift for Wrangler JKs... Unlimited. With auto trans. But I have a 2 doors w/ Manual. Sure the 4 doors 2" kit will work for my 2 doors but I was wondering about the Manual factor...

If anyone has some insight on this, please feel free to share it here!

And for everyone looking to drop f* bombs, feel free to do so as well! At the end of the day it’s all laugh and jokes... right? Ahahah.

Thanks WAYALIFE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

I mean if you want maximum effort with zero advantage sure a body lift is perfect. If you want minimum work with a tangible advantage, get a fucking budget boost.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It’s a manual. Most body lift don’t use anything since the hole in the floor is big enough for the throw of the shifter. If it’s not you just cut the hole. It’s easy.

Stupid way to go but easy.

BaddestCross

Don’t ask why, tell me how!!! Ahahah

Truly I’m looking to slap some 37’s on there. Now I know there’s a lot involved w/ that since I own a Sport and not a Rubicon BUT appart front the why I need to know the how before I make my move.

I ask why because I only see a body lift as a waste of time and money. Like Overlander said, it's simple and shouldn't cause any issues with the shifter, but it just doesn't make any sense.

Of course, if it's a mall crawler, I guess it doesn't really matter. 😎

Of course, there's always...
sawzall-you-can-clear-those-tires-yup-foreals-hahaha-werd-27836641.png
🤣🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I ask why because I only see a body lift as a waste of time and money. Like Overlander said, it's simple and shouldn't cause any issues with the shifter, but it just doesn't make any sense.

Of course, if it's a mall crawler, I guess it doesn't really matter. [emoji41]

View attachment 311196
🤣🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

This guy doesn’t listen. Go back and look at his old threads and post. I figure if I just answer his question he will leave again.

longarmwj

Been there, done that. Need to clear the body which I’ll probably comp cut chop in the rear when the time comes.

If you want to clear the body while lifting your jeep two inches in the most pain in the ass way ever, then you’ve got it.

If you want to achieve the same fucking effect while actually increasing the functionality of your vehicle in a much much much quicker and easier way, get a goddamn spacer lift?

Do you just want to do things the hardest way possible?

BenJKWrangler15

If you want to clear the body while lifting your jeep two inches in the most pain in the ass way ever, then you’ve got it.

If you want to achieve the same fucking effect while actually increasing the functionality of your vehicle in a much much much quicker and easier way, get a goddamn spacer lift?

Do you just want to do things the hardest way possible?

No... Just researching the why there wasn’t any info on the reason a 2 doors w/ Manual trans couldn’t receive a body lift. But now I know thanks you all of you, sacarsm or not :)

BenJKWrangler15

Of course, if it's a mall crawler, I guess it doesn't really matter. [emoji41]

View attachment 311196
🤣🤣

--

Of course, 110% mall crawler... IMG_4332.jpg IMG_4330.jpg IMG_4336.jpg IMG_4199.jpg IMG_4237.jpg IMG_4236.jpg IMG_4960.jpg IMG_4961.jpg IMG_4961.jpg IMG_4963.jpg

I don’t even know what off-road means.

IMG_4806.jpg

longarmwj

I see dirt roads and a mud hole. But aside from that...if you’re trying to clear 37s a body lift is not the proper method. To clear 37s you need at least 3 inches of lift and cut stock fenders or tube fenders. I wouldn’t even waste my time with a body lift and I would go straight for cutting the stock fenders to clear up that extra room

Top Bottom