Auxiliary Gauges 12+ Wrangler (Coolant/Trans Temp Etc)

J

JKDream

Looking for input from those that have installed auxiliary gauges into their Wrangler.
I do not have the factory EVIC, and would like to monitor the coolant and trans temps (or others).
How did you manage to install them? I've read you could tap into the OBD2 port to do this?

jesse3638

Hooked
Looking for input from those that have installed auxiliary gauges into their Wrangler.
I do not have the factory EVIC, and would like to monitor the coolant and trans temps (or others).
How did you manage to install them? I've read you could tap into the OBD2 port to do this?

If I remember the Superchips Trail Dash does all of this. I could be wrong though.

J

JKDream

If I remember the Superchips Trail Dash does all of this. I could be wrong though.

I think you are right - I already have a flashcal though so it's a bit pricey for just the gauge aspect of it.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I run a aeroforce gauge that I have set to coolant and trans temp. They are a digital display and plug into the OBD2 port. Mines mounted above the rear view mirror as part of my overhead switches but you can get stand alone mounts for them too. It’s been on the Jeep for 4 years, not one issue. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I run a aeroforce gauge that I have set to coolant and trans temp. They are a digital display and plug into the OBD2 port. Mines mounted above the rear view mirror as part of my overhead switches but you can get stand alone mounts for them too. It’s been on the Jeep for 4 years, not one issue. Love it!

I’m guessing you have to have a Rubicon to do this? I’ve been wanting to add some gauges for a while, but haven’t looked into it yet.

Exodus 4x4

Do you sell these? I ordered a set of Autometer gauges (I dig the dial gauges :idontknow:) but honestly this looks like a pretty sick setup.

That was going to be my question. Those look slick!!!

I can look into it. I think I did once and there wasn’t enough margin (buying direct) to make it worth my while, but I’ve since added a lot of distributors that may carry them. We’re in the middle of moving shops this week so it’ll be next week before I have an answer.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I can look into it. I think I did once and there wasn’t enough margin (buying direct) to make it worth my while, but I’ve since added a lot of distributors that may carry them. We’re in the middle of moving shops this week so it’ll be next week before I have an answer.

Let me know, I definitely want a set of those gauges. Just looked them up and that’s exactly what I’m looking for. Didn’t realize it would be so easy to set up gauges

Ddays

Hooked

Sounds good, thanks!

Good luck with moving - I moved our warehouse once & vowed never again. took us months to find all of our shit again

J

JKDream

I run 2 aeroforce pods on mine, you can check it out when you come down.
View attachment 311379

Exactly what I'm looking for. Do you have any details on that splitter? I was hoping to do two gauges as well.

They really are simple to install. The hardest part is deciding where to install them.

A couple of brands make A-Pillar mounts - that's the route I was going to go.

176058.jpg

We installed a Kenwood DMX7705S in my brothers 2015 JKU Sport with the maestro adapter that plugs into the OBD port. It has a whole lot of gauges that you can display on two screens on a 6.95 inch display.

Pretty straight forward head unit install with some connections that need to be made, but uses the factory connectors. No cutting of the factory harness and no extra gauges to find locations for on dash or the A pillar. He already has too many gps, radios, tablets and hula girl cluttering up his dash.
The radio was about $450 and the adapter was $180.

No pics, sorry. He lives in L.A. and I don't.

Top Bottom