Help! 2012 JKU seat squeak driving me crazy

This high-pitched squeak is coming from the passenger side of the rear seat and I cannot find it! It’s not in the headrest, it doesn’t appear to be coming from any of the bolts in the floor. I’ve hosed and I do mean HOSED all the hinges under the butt of the bench with all types of lube and no luck. I don’t hear it when I put a 25lb plate from the gym on the butt of the seat itself or when someone sits there. I don’t hear it when the seat is folded down. I’ve had my wife crawl through it with me and she’s looked all over while I hit the back of the seat and she can’t find it. I even went so far as to take her stethoscope (she’s an RN) and listen all over the bench while punching and banging on the seat back and cannot find it. I can’t find anything online and the dealership, surprise surprise, is no help. I hear it CONSTANTLY driving down the road, especially when I hit any kind of bump. You great people, you are my last hope. Anyone have any suggestions?!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

With the noise going away with the seat folded down, I would put money on something within the actual folding mechanism moving around. I've never really looked too much at my back seats, but isn't there a couple of latches in the floor that the seat comes out of when you fold it down? Have you tried spraying WD40 or something down into those?

wjtstudios

Hooked
I thought I was the only crazy one. I have the exact same squeak on the right rear passenger seat. With a little weight it disappears. While it’s squeaking, if I reach back and grab the seat and put tension on it, it goes away. Yet no amount of WD will stop it. I think it has something to do with the locking mechanism that holds it from folding down. It’s one of those things that I forget about all summer with the half doors on, but once the full doors go back on in the fall I hear it again. Post up if some one has a solution.

I thought I was the only crazy one. I have the exact same squeak on the right rear passenger seat. With a little weight it disappears. While it’s squeaking, if I reach back and grab the seat and put tension on it, it goes away. Yet no amount of WD will stop it. I think it has something to do with the locking mechanism that holds it from folding down. It’s one of those things that I forget about all summer with the half doors on, but once the full doors go back on in the fall I hear it again. Post up if some one has a solution.

Man, this is the EXACT SAME SCENARIO I deal with. I’d just ride around with the seat folded down if I didn’t have my son’s car seat in the middle.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Try putting a little electrical tape around the bars on the floor that the seat actually latches too. The latches might not be fitting tightly allowing it to slip around and squeak.

Top Bottom