Radiator fan not working!

Justinaims

I have a 2015 JK Unlimited Rubicon. The fan will not work and the engine is getting really hot at an idle, to the point I am getting warning lights. It will not work when the AC is on either. I understand that the fan is always on when the AC is on? I have tested the fuse able link off the battery and the ground. I am getting 12.7 volts to the harness to the fan. Does anyone have any other ideas before I replace the $400 fan assambly? Thanks!!

WJCO

Meme King
Make sure ground circuit is good too. You can apply direct power and ground to the fan. If it doesn't work then, it's a bad fan motor.

Justinaims

Ground

I tried to jump the motor and my understanding is that the 2013 and newer that doesn’t work anymore. The ground is good I checked it too. Thank for the reply!

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

Make sure ground circuit is good too. You can apply direct power and ground to the fan. If it doesn't work then, it's a bad fan motor.
Unfortunately the Pentastar fan isn’t that simple. Thanks technology...

I tried to jump the motor and my understanding is that the 2013 and newer that doesn’t work anymore. The ground is good I checked it too. Thank for the reply!
There isn’t a whole lot of option to troubleshooting this. Your best shot is to tap the signal wire that is also on the harness and see if it is receiving a voltage signal when it starts to warm up.

Hate to say it but you probably need another fan. It is strange that it just up and quit on you but not impossible. Look on eBay or LKQ for a used one and it should run you around $300-$350. If you were closer I would tell you to come by the shop and I would let you try one I have here.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom