FINALLY fixed my blend door issue!

rmilobrown

A year ago my blend door died, no movement at all. After a little research, I ordered a Doorman unit off Amazon and installed it. Then I was getting a blinking defrost light with the blend door moving around. The controller would only move it to full hot or full cold. Tried battery disconnect reset, no joy. I had a auto shop buddy pull up all data print, Controller, two wires, blend door actuator, that's it! So, I think maybe the controller lost it's ability to calibrate. I ordered a new MOPAR controller, same problem. Full HOT or full cold only but now it's summer time and full cold is fine with me. Fast forward to now, Fall creeping in, I would like to blend some heat not lava! Now I'm thinking what if the stock controller CANT calibrate the Chi- Com blend door unit? What if the magnets or windings are of a slightly different material? Even though the reviews all said the Doorman was good to go.......I ordered the MOPAR bda for $10 more, problem solved! Fully functional blend door! Jeeeez, I'm really getting to know my JK. When it comes to electronics, I think the JK prefers OEM stuff. Hope this helps someone someday. Anybody have a different take on this? Flame away, I can take it😎

sipafz

Caught the Bug
A year ago my blend door died, no movement at all. After a little research, I ordered a Doorman unit off Amazon and installed it. Then I was getting a blinking defrost light with the blend door moving around. The controller would only move it to full hot or full cold. Tried battery disconnect reset, no joy. I had a auto shop buddy pull up all data print, Controller, two wires, blend door actuator, that's it! So, I think maybe the controller lost it's ability to calibrate. I ordered a new MOPAR controller, same problem. Full HOT or full cold only but now it's summer time and full cold is fine with me. Fast forward to now, Fall creeping in, I would like to blend some heat not lava! Now I'm thinking what if the stock controller CANT calibrate the Chi- Com blend door unit? What if the magnets or windings are of a slightly different material? Even though the reviews all said the Doorman was good to go.......I ordered the MOPAR bda for $10 more, problem solved! Fully functional blend door! Jeeeez, I'm really getting to know my JK. When it comes to electronics, I think the JK prefers OEM stuff. Hope this helps someone someday. Anybody have a different take on this? Flame away, I can take it[emoji41]

Glad to hear that you got it fixed. There is nothing more frustrating than replacing parts only to find out that your choice of part is still part of the problem.

WJCO

Meme King
A year ago my blend door died, no movement at all. After a little research, I ordered a Doorman unit off Amazon and installed it. Then I was getting a blinking defrost light with the blend door moving around. The controller would only move it to full hot or full cold. Tried battery disconnect reset, no joy. I had a auto shop buddy pull up all data print, Controller, two wires, blend door actuator, that's it! So, I think maybe the controller lost it's ability to calibrate. I ordered a new MOPAR controller, same problem. Full HOT or full cold only but now it's summer time and full cold is fine with me. Fast forward to now, Fall creeping in, I would like to blend some heat not lava! Now I'm thinking what if the stock controller CANT calibrate the Chi- Com blend door unit? What if the magnets or windings are of a slightly different material? Even though the reviews all said the Doorman was good to go.......I ordered the MOPAR bda for $10 more, problem solved! Fully functional blend door! Jeeeez, I'm really getting to know my JK. When it comes to electronics, I think the JK prefers OEM stuff. Hope this helps someone someday. Anybody have a different take on this? Flame away, I can take it😎

There's are so many lessons I've learned as well over the years to just buy the OEM part. Sometimes it truly is the best way to go even if it costs more. Also nowadays, there are decent prices on MOPAR parts online rather than having to walk into a dealer and get bent over.

Warebear

There's are so many lessons I've learned as well over the years to just buy the OEM part. Sometimes it truly is the best way to go even if it costs more. Also nowadays, there are decent prices on MOPAR parts online rather than having to walk into a dealer and get bent over.

Agreed. And I feel like a better person inside, using pure parts [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Thanks for sharing the details of your struggles with this.

I'm sure it will save some of us from a future hassle.

Top Bottom