Thinking about upgrading the suspension...

Hey guys, sorry its been a very busy few months and I have been slackin on posting on the forum :crazyeyes::doh:

I have had the Teraflex longarm setup on my Jeep for going on 5 years now and considering what i've seen on this forum, I don't know how the stock bushings are still in one piece. I am strongly considering just dropping some cash and making an upgrade before something breaks and forces me to.

I was thinking the EVO longarm kit with bolt-on coilovers... but does anyone have any suggestions?

jesse3638

Hooked
^^ This. Hell for that price I'd consider keeping the (gag) Teraflex arms & throwing that money into a DTD setup. How hard would it be switching the LA kits out anyway? I know my EVO kit has all the brackets welded in. It'd be a major project to grind them off & replace with different brackets.

http://www.evomfg.com/EVO-MFG-Produ...rent/EVO-MFG-Suspension-Systems?product_id=60

http://www.evomfg.com/EVO-MFG-Produ...rent/EVO-MFG-Suspension-Systems?product_id=56
If the Teraflex kit is bolted on it may not be that bad. An easier option if the dimensions are the same would be to just buy the EVO arms only and use your existing brackets. That'd upgrade your arms but not sure what kind of stress that would put on the teraflex brackets. Teraflex has been known for having the brackets rip off with their own arms and I'm not sure if there has been a design change or not.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
If the Teraflex kit is bolted on it may not be that bad. An easier option if the dimensions are the same would be to just buy the EVO arms only and use your existing brackets. That'd upgrade your arms but not sure what kind of stress that would put on the teraflex brackets. Teraflex has been known for having the brackets rip off with their own arms and I'm not sure if there has been a design change or not.

But what are the chances the EVO arms are compatible with the TF brackets? Good point on the TF brackets. Eh, what the hell GreenMachine, just do the whole damn DTD/LA high clearance kit and be done with it!

jesse3638

Hooked
But what are the chances the EVO arms are compatible with the TF brackets? Good point on the TF brackets. Eh, what the hell GreenMachine, just do the whole damn DTD/LA high clearance kit and be done with it!

Not sure. I'd think their locations would be pretty close. I have a Full Traction long arm lift and the brackets seem to be in almost the exact same spot. The question would be the width of the johnny Joints.

PEACEMAKER1

I just finished installing the coilovers with long arm set up and it's pretty sweet...just saying. I mean if you want the coilovers and it will make you happy then Nike that shit!

Jeep with coilovers = smile = happy

jesse3638

Hooked
I just finished installing the coilovers with long arm set up and it's pretty sweet...just saying. I mean if you want the coilovers and it will make you happy then Nike that shit!

Jeep with coilovers = smile = happy
I had plans to eventually go coilovers, however I got a great deal on king 2.5's. Running them with my current coils I can say I'm not sure if my plan to go coilovers is necessary. I hear pairing them with plush rides makes a ride almost equal to, and some say better than the bolt on's. I have 4" plush rides just waiting for time to get them installed. I can say I'm more confident to push my jeep harder with these shocks and I'm more concerned with my front axle.

PEACEMAKER1

I had plans to eventually go coilovers, however I got a great deal on king 2.5's. Running them with my current coils I can say I'm not sure if my plan to go coilovers is necessary. I hear pairing them with plush rides makes a ride almost equal to, and some say better than the bolt on's. I have 4" plush rides just waiting for time to get them installed. I can say I'm more confident to push my jeep harder with these shocks and I'm more concerned with my front axle.

Yeah that plush rides being a great spring seems to be the general consensus. I am sure that however you end up and using the 2.5's will be great too! Don't forget to post some pics when you get it all installed.

Top Bottom