AEV Program and HOTOIL message

BobNH

Ugh. AEV Procal. Fn autocorrect.

I noticed when setting my tire size using the procal, the dashboard message flashed HOTOIL. There were no apparent issues, though I think my door chimes are faster than before, and maybe a little funkier too, but the tire change seemed to work, honked twice at least.
The book mentions HOTOIL message glitch in the section about gear changes, which I did not do.

Anyone else see this in a 2012 ok, or Similar?

Tks

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Tree Frog

yeah mine did that too. I cant remember the function I was loading at the time, but I know it did flash it for a few seconds.
Whatever it was the program still took and I never have seen the message again.

I had to reload the programs several times after trips to the dealer.
Now I specify NO FLASH and put a piece of tape over the port that says NO FLASH.

They will tell me now if there is an update or something.

BobNH

yeah mine did that too. I cant remember the function I was loading at the time, but I know it did flash it for a few seconds.
Whatever it was the program still took and I never have seen the message again.

I had to reload the programs several times after trips to the dealer.
Now I specify NO FLASH and put a piece of tape over the port that says NO FLASH.

They will tell me now if there is an update or something.
Thank you. It did seem to take the change, like yours, just wasn't sure why it did it since my door chimes, like key in ignition and headlights on, seem faster now and act strange, once still dinging for a second after they key was removed.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Thank you. It did seem to take the change, like yours, just wasn't sure why it did it since my door chimes, like key in ignition and headlights on, seem faster now and act strange, once still dinging for a second after they key was removed.

Try to do the programming again. See what happens. I’ve had to do it twice, before.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

Try to do the programming again. See what happens. I’ve had to do it twice, before.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thank you, just did it again, same message. Thing is, it takes the tire size change, just has that message attached as it does. Soon as the horn honks, it goes away. Speedo is corrected at least. Supposedly procal changes don't go where they can affect the brain, I guess, so it shouldn't hopefully act like a virus. Maybe they just missed it when making the manual, and only noted it in the gear ratio change section.

Top Bottom