JL Frame recall???

Exodus 4x4

Yes. I had one of the first JLUR’s in my shop and over half the welds on the frame were riddled with porosity and in some cases no fusion at all between some of the brackets and the frame. I told the customer to take his to the dealership immediately and have them look at it. They had an “engineer” look it over and he told the guy it was normal. He ended up taking it to another dealer and trading it off for something else.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I'm very curious how multiple weld locations could end up bad. I'm assuming they are done at multiple locations throughout the frame building process. Bad gas supply maybe.

Exodus 4x4

I'm very curious how multiple weld locations could end up bad. I'm assuming they are done at multiple locations throughout the frame building process. Bad gas supply maybe.

Probably a gas issue. I wouldn’t say it’s a huge deal for Jeep but in our case one of the spring hats was missing a few inches of weld. I personally would just go and grind them out and re-weld them but this wasn’t what the customer wanted. He even offered to sell it to me before trading it in but I wasn’t super motivated. I think he traded it in with only 1500 miles on it and got maybe $38k trade in, with the EVO boost lift and brand new 37” Ridge Grapplers. Would’ve saved me a lot of money.[emoji849]

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Planning on going through my jl. I’m sure it’s fine. I wonder what they’re going to do about the recall. Have the dealership weld them? Idk if I trust them. [emoji23]

Allenn

How do you even know what recalls you have on your Jl? I bought mine in March and I haven’t got a single thing from the dealership since I bought it except a email wanting me to do a service.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
How do you even know what recalls you have on your Jl? I bought mine in March and I haven’t got a single thing from the dealership since I bought it except a email wanting me to do a service.

Typically the manufacture will notify you of recalls not the dealer. I believe you can go on their website and input your vin# and it will tell you as well.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug

If you registered for the Jeep wave program (was a free membership when I bought my recon at the end of 17) when you log in it'll give you all the current/outstanding recall notifications for your vin

Allenn

If you registered for the Jeep wave program (was a free membership when I bought my recon at the end of 17) when you log in it'll give you all the current/outstanding recall notifications for your vin

Thanks guys and I did register for it I’ll have to figure out what my log in is.

Top Bottom