Stumblin' In

Nataqua

Yes, it's true. I stumbled into the Mouth of Moby as well the lair of The Rubicat, who was out on the prowl. :shock:

I was fortunate enough to meet our fearless leader Eddie this week in order for me to purchase a set of 'professionally broken in' Wrangler JL crib shoes for my baby (new to me 2015 JKU), Nataqua. Ever humble, the only mention Eddie made was about a video he'd made about a JK hardtop rack that I had asked about when I saw it in the lair. Later that evening, I go to check out the video, and low and behold find a awesome plethora of JKU information in the forums here. I think I'll be reading here for years! My thanks go out to Eddie, Cindy and the contributing members! You'all make it even easier to be excited about owning a Jeep. :clap2:

A bit (or more) about me; Even as a youngster, I was a 'tomboy', I've always enjoyed motorsports, whether watching or participating. Over the years, I've become an accomplished motorcyclist, copilot-navigator, sailor, driver, camper, cook and gardener. I'm also fairly familiar with hand and power tools, though most my experience is in simple carpentry. I'll be working on my wrenching skills...starting with these wheels and spacers, next will be a lift which I've yet to decide upon.

I and my (ex) husband raised two 'boys' who are now a couple of good men. My youngest son, age 22, competed in a RedBull BMX video and competition at Woodward Penn. a few years ago, though he is now grounded due to a work accident. My eldest son, age 32, competes in N NV and CA regional Hard Enduro events including KOM and the VCGP.

Currently, I endeavor to approach some regional overlanding trips and local 4x4 trails. I intend to build my Jeep modestly, yet see it be well equipped. If you're local to me and would like to be a trail buddy, please feel free to send me a friend invite or message.

Have a great Fall weekend! :driving:

-Nataqua

Nataqua

Nataqua

'Nataqua' has a special place in my heart. It was a 'imaginary' (Nataqua is a State of mind) territory designated by Peter Lassen and Issac Roop and for which it was named after Lassen's deceased wife, covering much of Northeastern Ca and Northwestern NV. These are the stomping grounds of much of my youth and adult life. If you're interested in such historical matters, it's a interesting and not very long read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nataqua_Territory

Attachments

• 43322956_2116923881664507_3365134475875844096_n.jpg
    43322956_2116923881664507_3365134475875844096_n.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 161

Nataqua

Give me a week to move to Reno and then I will be lol

Ha! Awesome, I love living in Reno! I've lived in some pretty nice places here on the west coast (Santa Cruz, Truckee, on a boat on the Sonoma Coast) Reno is big enough to have what ya need and centrally located between the Sierras and the desert. I've done a fair amount of camping in the Sierras and the Black Rock Desert, mostly to ride motorcycles and also a few years of flying into TTITD. :D

Top Bottom