HITCH STINGERS are NOW AVAILABLE - Order Yours Today!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who've been wanting one of the new and improved Hitch Stingers that I designed and have made for all my Jeeps, I'm happy to announce that I just got a batch in and they are now available for purchase!

The Hitch Stinger is designed to help protect your Jeep's spare tire from catching on ledges and obstacles that would otherwise cause significant damage to your tailgate. Angled up at 20° and right from the hitch receiver, the Hitch Stinger provides maximum departure angle and reduces any hits that it may receive into glancing blows. In addition to offering 14" of protection, the Hitch Stinger also comes with 2 mounting positions so that it can be used with different tire carriers, tire widths and wheel back spacing. The Hitch Stinger is available in bare steel or in an optional semi-gloss black powder coat. Last but not least, the Hitch Stinger is MADE IN THE USA by a veteran owned shop and natives of Carson City, NV, Sean Weed and Josh Ostler.

CLICK HERE TO BUY A HITCH STINGER

NOTE: Due to different back spacing on wheels, a 37" spare tire mounted on a JL or JK Wrangler tailgate MAY require a riser bracket to be installed in order for it to clear the HITCH STINGER.

The HITCH STINGER
Here are a few shots of what the HITCH STINGER looks like in a semi-gloss black powder coat. I should note that the spare tire you see is a 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pro mounted on a KMC XD231 beadlock wheel with 4.75" of back spacing and attached to a JL Wrangler factory tailgate using an LoD riser bracket.
HITCH-STINGER.jpg

HITCH-STINGER-2.jpg

HITCH-STINGER-BACK.jpg

Shot of what the HITCH STINGER looks like in a standard bare steel and in an optional semi-gloss black powder coat.
HITCH-STINGER-FINISH.jpg

These shots show the new and improved HITCH STINGER sitting on top of my old stinger. As you can see, the new design offers the same protection to the spare tire while providing a significantly greater amount of departure angle.
20180523215520-e79d956b-me.jpg

20180523215548-1688134c-me.jpg

As you can see here, the point on my old stinger that took the most abuse sits approximately 2.5" lower than the new and improved HITCH STINGER.
20180523215534-dcb154f4-me.jpg

20180523215537-041ed7ba-me.jpg

Here's a couple of shot of the HITCH STINGER mounted in the extended position and being field tested.
20180523220017-341009fe-me.jpg

20180523220008-cd3022eb-me.jpg

And finally, because I know people need to see pics to believe it, the HITCH STINGER is made to work on a JK as well.
HITCH-STINGER-JK.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions. :cool:

benatc1

Hooked
I will say, thanks to one of these, my rear end was saved multiple times on the Rubicon, we beat the hell out of that thing and it did great! Thanks again Eddie!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I will say, thanks to one of these, my rear end was saved multiple times on the Rubicon, we beat the hell out of that thing and it did great! Thanks again Eddie!

LOL!! Speaking of which, I just added a shot of your JK running the HITCH STINGER. Glad to hear you were happy with the way it protected your spare and tailgate on the Rubicon :thumb:

Coop

Caught the Bug
Ordered mine and you guys gave me a better deal on shipping!
Thanks Eddie!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GTJeeper

Eddie, in a few shots it looks like your receiver is actually bent up a bit. Is that the case from using the stinger or is it just a bad photo angle?

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Eddie, in a few shots it looks like your receiver is actually bent up a bit. Is that the case from using the stinger or is it just a bad photo angle?

It looks like it's just the camera angle. If you look at the ends of the frame rail they appear to be at the same angle as the reciever.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ordered mine and you guys gave me a better deal on shipping!
Thanks Eddie!

You bet. After seeing what the difference would be, it was the least I could do :)

I really dig the stickers touch [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Thanks, glad to hear it :D

It looks like it's just the camera angle. If you look at the ends of the frame rail they appear to be at the same angle as the reciever.

What nbunga said, it's just the camera angle. :yup:

dillard09

Pretty sweet! I would have no doubt got one of those back when I was running the body mount tire carrier. Alot better than that upside down drop hitch I ran. Haha

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I ended up going this route when I first heard about this, forged 16k hitch reversed.

Welcome to WAYALIFE. Not trying to be an ass here but if you take the time to read my original post, you'll see that I am actually trying to SELL these HITCH STINGERS that I am making. You know, this as opposed to asking others like yourself what you chose to do. :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
wayoflife, would your stinger on a JK require removal in order to open the tailgate?

I tried making the angle of the stinger high enough to allow for maximum departure angle and depending on what size tire you're carrying, yes, you may have to pull it in order to open your tailgate.

duktrx

I can just open my rear gate without pulling it off. Don't forget about the other uses for the hitch stinger. In this position it's also a plow.
1528932968238.jpg

I cannot find the beer holder picture, its achieved by rotating 90° from either the stinger or plow position.[emoji3]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom