JK completely dead. Can't jump it. Zero power.

supercell

So for the last month or so once in a while my 2010 would die out on the trail. That devolved to the battery not charging light coming on for the last week or so which i ignored. Then that devolved into the jeep not always starting.... I would just get one ignition click and would have to fedangle with the battery cables until the jeep would start. then when I was coming back from a road trip a few days ago I would get a ding every few seconds with the dash lights flashing and the speedo not reading momentarily. I assumed it was just a weak ground connection and carried on home. This then turned into today, my jeep not starting at all. I cleaned the terminals and all my aftermarket wiring which didn't help. So I bought a nice new (now agr) battery, made sure all of the og connections were snug. I didn't even bother to connect anything but the battery connections. That still didn't work. I tried jumpstarting both batteries to no avail. Now I'm left with a bricked jeep. I don't think this is a battery issue (ill buy a multimeter tomorrow) and I checked that all of my fuses were in. wut do? fried pcm?

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like a bad alternator to me. If you can get it started, while the Jeep is running, check the charging voltage at the battery. Using a DVOM, make sure it's set up to read voltage and put the red lead on the positive battery terminal and the black lead on the negative terminal. I don't know exact specifications but it really shouldn't drop below 13.5 volts while running.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
What WJCO said on the voltage is true. 13.5-14.5 is a good rule of thumb.
What is puzzling is that now with a fresh battery you can't get it started. I have seen starter solenoids burn out by being operated at low voltage multiple times. If it's a manual you could roll start it to verify if you have a starter problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
What WJCO said on the voltage is true. 13.5-14.5 is a good rule of thumb.
What is puzzling is that now with a fresh battery you can't get it started. I have seen starter solenoids burn out by being operated at low voltage multiple times. If it's a manual you could roll start it to verify if you have a starter problem.

I would be looking for an open ground. Perhaps the ground at the ECU.

supercell

lol so it was just a loose connection. ive replaced the battery multiple times and i somehow still screw it up. theyre so sensitive :doh:

Lojo

So lucky!!! I’ve been chasing a gremlin with my truck since April.... 3 different shops and no go still.... so I know what you went through!! Glad to hear you found it..!!

PEACEMAKER1

lol so it was just a loose connection. ive replaced the battery multiple times and i somehow still screw it up. theyre so sensitive :doh:

Glad you got it figured out!

So lucky!!! I’ve been chasing a gremlin with my truck since April.... 3 different shops and no go still.... so I know what you went through!! Glad to hear you found it..!!

Hope you can find out what's going on.

Top Bottom