Pinyon mountain 10-13

mallavoider

Has anyone gone up there lately? I was thinking of going tomorrow with the family. Is it a place that is very challenging? I know we always say not to go alone, but is this the case as well?
Any information is much appreciated.
If anyone is interested invite, is open.
Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rubiDave

Has anyone gone up there lately? I was thinking of going tomorrow with the family. Is it a place that is very challenging? I know we always say not to go alone, but is this the case as well?
Any information is much appreciated.
If anyone is interested invite, is open.
Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
In a 4 door you'll probably want spotters for the squeeze as it is really tight. The strategy is to hug the left wall, go slow so you don't rock sideways and smash something. Heart attack hill is pretty steep, but not really much of a challenge. I have read that it was recently graded to smooth out some of the erosion at the top. There is a small dry waterfall after HAH you have to climb where lockers will come in handy. Other than that it is easy.

It's been a few years since I've been there - and I have never actually driven the whole road myself. I used to have a full size truck so the squeeze stopped me on the west side. I did watch a Jeep club go through though with no casualties. On an other occaision I drove in from the east on Fish Creek to the waterfall and walked to HAH. There was an Xterra and 2 Tacomas going up and down - they weren't having any trouble.

Now that I have a Jeep this trail is on my short list. Sorry I can't go this weekend.

mallavoider

In a 4 door you'll probably want spotters for the squeeze as it is really tight. The strategy is to hug the left wall, go slow so you don't rock sideways and smash something. Heart attack hill is pretty steep, but not really much of a challenge. I have read that it was recently graded to smooth out some of the erosion at the top. There is a small dry waterfall after HAH you have to climb where lockers will come in handy. Other than that it is easy.

It's been a few years since I've been there - and I have never actually driven the whole road myself. I used to have a full size truck so the squeeze stopped me on the west side. I did watch a Jeep club go through though with no casualties. On an other occaision I drove in from the east on Fish Creek to the waterfall and walked to HAH. There was an Xterra and 2 Tacomas going up and down - they weren't having any trouble.

Now that I have a Jeep this trail is on my short list. Sorry I can't go this weekend.

Maybe we can set up a run later this year. Thank you for the info. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom