Patagonia M/T

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Does anyone have any experience with the Milestar Patagonia M/T tires? I have been watching quite a few youtube videos with someone running them with no issues but wondered ? The price is great on Discount Tire Direct for the 35" tires.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I bought mine about a month ago before my trip to the Rubicon. I bought the 38x13.5x17 tires. Price was great. They seem to work well on rocks and mud. They are also way quieter than my old MT/Rs. I only have about 2,500 miles on them but I’m satisfied so far. Too early to tell though for long term use. IMG_2864.jpg IMG_2133.jpg
I’ve only gone down to 12 lbs on them so far. Plus they measure a little over 37” for the 38s at 30 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I bought mine about a month ago before my trip to the Rubicon. I bought the 38x13.5x17 tires. Price was great. They seem to work well on rocks and mud. They are also way quieter than my old MT/Rs. I only have about 2,500 miles on them but I’m satisfied so far. Too early to tell though for long term use. View attachment 312517 View attachment 312518
I’ve only gone down to 12 lbs on them so far. Plus they measure a little over 37” for the 38s at 30 lbs.

Thanks, I think I am going to pull the trigger when I purchase my beadlocks.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I was wondering about these as well. They look like they preform really well and every review I’ve seen on them is good. I went to my local discount tire and the salesman asked me why I wanted these and said they are an “entry level” tire which is why they are so cheap. I would still consider giving them a shot.

SLO

I was going to get Coopers but considering these now. They are lighter and my understanding is that the softer compound hooks up better on rocks. My concern would be them wearing faster but I don’t put that many miles on-road.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I was going to get Coopers but considering these now. They are lighter and my understanding is that the softer compound hooks up better on rocks. My concern would be them wearing faster but I don’t put that many miles on-road.

I figured I would just rotate more often to help with the soft compound.

BigBad408

I bought mine about a month ago before my trip to the Rubicon. I bought the 38x13.5x17 tires. Price was great. They seem to work well on rocks and mud. They are also way quieter than my old MT/Rs. I only have about 2,500 miles on them but I’m satisfied so far. Too early to tell though for long term use though.

I’m going to pull the trigger on these in the next 30 days or so. I’m trying to decide between the 37x12.50 and the 38x13.50. The 38’s are 11lbs/tire heavier. Do you have any feedback on how the tires “feel” under the Jeep compared to 37’s or even 35’s ? The 38’s are A LOT of tire.

dillard09

I’m going to pull the trigger on these in the next 30 days or so. I’m trying to decide between the 37x12.50 and the 38x13.50. The 38’s are 11lbs/tire heavier. Do you have any feedback on how the tires “feel” under the Jeep compared to 37’s or even 35’s ? The 38’s are A LOT of tire.

Are you going to wheel alot? If so I'm sure whoever you go with will have the same size bolt pattern but I can almost guarantee they wont have a 38x13.50 if it came down to you needing to borrow a spare. If it was me I would just stick to the 37.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug

I do like them. They are smoother and quieter than my old MT/Rs. I haven’t really played in the snow yet but I’m happy with their performance on rocks and mud. The 38s come out just over 37”. My 37” MT/Rs were 35 1/4” when I changed them out. I still only have about 4K miles on them so I can’t really comment on wear yet.

JBF

I have them and I think they're great for the price. They grip nicely on slickrock and the roadnoise/manners are slightly better than the Nitto Ridge Grapplers I replaced with them. I don't see them lasting as long as one of the major brands as they are a softer compound, but still great if you don't daily your Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any longer term updates?

They really haven't been out long enough to have a true long term update. Also, now that they done giving away these Chinese tires, they're not that much cheaper than a good set of name brand tires. Shop them now and you'll see they're only maybe $10 or so cheaper. Certainly, not worth it to me and they still look like ass.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I have to agree with Eddie on the look. They’re just plain ugly (some rigs look ok with them).

I have a couple of friends that run them and swear by them, one of them even had the Coopers first and still prefers the Patagonia (blasphemy, I know).
That being said, I’ve also heard they’re very soft (bad for daily), and appear to not have a great sidewall Ridge for good cornering in dirt and sand. I’m really torn on these tires but ultimately don’t think I could bring myself to run them. I’d go with a Ridge/Trail Grappler, STT Pro, Toyo m/t, or even Maxxis Razr first. And seeing as I’ve only run 1 of those 5 I have a long way to go before the Patagonia makes my list

To the OP.
I think there are better options out there and as stated above, they are going up in price and being that a said “YouTube” channel is running them for free, they are somewhat inclined to only show the good and not the bad. Eddies long term testing of the STT pro that a lot of us are running is worth the watch. Especially considering he paid for every set and isn’t obligated to any kind of review let alone a positive one. Nothing wrong with getting an opinion on them, but there are better and much more proven options.

Last edited:

jdofmemi

I have to agree with Eddie on the look. They’re just plain ugly (some rigs look ok with them)

The only reason you think they look ok on those rigs is that you are distracted by the seat cover.
When you look at the tires, they still look bad.

To the OP.
I think there are better options out there and as stated above, they are going up in price and being that a said “YouTube” channel is running them for free, they are somewhat inclined to only show the good and not the bad. Eddies long term testing of the STT pro that a lot of us are running is worth the watch. Especially considering he paid for every set and isn’t obligated to any kind of review let alone a positive one. Nothing wrong with getting an opinion on them, but there are better and much more proven options.

Well said.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To the OP.

LOL!! Full disclosure - not "every set". But, make no mistake, it was we who did the purchasing FIRST and there's no way could make up the shit you've seen in our pics and videos over the last 3 years. As a way of saying thanks, Cooper has since helped us out a bit and they did send us a set of their new AT3's to test out on our Duramax. Clearly, people can believe what they want but if you trust that I'm a man of my word, I can assure you that I would still buy and recommend Cooper even if they hadn't shown us a little appreciation. Of course, I could say the same about other tires that are made in America such as Toyo and Nitto. :yup:

longarmwj

IMG_5940.jpg
One of the guys I rode with Saturday was running a set on his LJ and they seemed to work pretty decently. I don’t personally think I would run them because my coopers at 35% tread were hooking up just as well as his were at almost full tread.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
To add more info to this post, I’ve been driving on the snow and ice for the past few days and they have performed better than expected. Tons of traction. Difficult to break the tires loose. Maybe that’s just the 3.8. [emoji23] Wear still seems consistent throughout the tires. Still pleased. IMG_4404.jpg

Top Bottom