Hello from Michigan

wibornz

So I am jumping all in. I ordered a 19 JLUR. I have about five or so thousand dollars already spent on up grades for when it comes in. Most of the stuff that I have bought is because of this site and the JL site. I plan on off roading from Arizona to Alaska covering the western states. This adventure will start in three years when my wife retires. I retired last month.

Over the next three years, we will fine tune our gear and skills. The Rubicon will go on a trailer behind the motor home and off we will go. I have been reading and taking pointers from the forum. Watching videos and making list.

I am not new to off-roading. I have jeeped, snowmobiled, still ride ATVs and drive SxS on the trails here in Michigan, Tennessee, West Virginia, and been out to South Dakota. I usually am the trail leader and have organised many group rides. I have road motorcycles through 46 of the lower 48 states. Love camping, shooting guns and doing adventure stuff. Oooo and good bourbon on occasion.

I showed my wife some of the Jeeping videos and she is all in also. She is cool and a wonderful wife of 29 + years. She and I just love to travel and see the sites. We are looking forward to drinking fresh brewed Black Rifle Coffee above the tree line in the mountains watching the sunset or sunrise.

Hope to see you guys and gals on the trails.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Welcome to Wayalife from Montana! Congrats on the new Jeep and retirement! When/if you come through Montana on your trip or whenever, let me know!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Wave from the Northern Milwaukee Burbs [emoji1588]. Congratulations on retiring and the new Jeep!

wibornz

That’s a great way to spend your retirement! I’m over in Rochester, Mi if you want to take the JL out on shake down cruise once it arrives!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I will keep this in mind. I know many of the trail systems in Michigan. I was thinking that my first cruise would be from Leota to St,Helens by trail.

wibornz

Welcome to Wayalife from Montana! Congrats on the new Jeep and retirement! When/if you come through Montana on your trip or whenever, let me know!

I have motorcycled Montana via the Beartooth Pass and then up to Glacier National Park and the Road to the Sun. My wife was not with me so I look forward to getting back to Montana. She want to horseback ride in Glacier and do some hiking. So we will definitely be in Montana in our travels.

wibornz

Welcome to Wayalife from New Mexico.

I will be traveling through New Mexico in December. I am taking a three week road trip from California back to Michigan with my son before he moves to Japan. Not in a Jeep, but in a F250 truck. Can you recommend any must see things in your state?

PEACEMAKER1

Welcome to WAL from Arizona! Congrats on the JL! Sounds like you have a great plan ahead of you. Hit me up if you find yourself in Arizona anytime.

wibornz

Depending on how fast you get it out together, a bunch of us are making a quick run down to Windrock November 16-18. You’re welcome to jump in!

Windrock Run November 16-18
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=54621

My Jeep will not be in until the first part of the year. I have ran Windrock many times with an ATV. I used to take up to 20 people at a time down to Windrock for rides from Michigan. Back then I had a trailer that would haul up to 8 atvs. I would organize the whole trip. I also rode in the Royal Blue National Forest and Coal Creek area. Never had the my Jeep down there. You are in for a great time.

I will also be in North Carolina at that time at Ft. Bragg to see my son and his wife. I plan to put a clutch in his CJ 5 while I am there.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
My Jeep will not be in until the first part of the year. I have ran Windrock many times with an ATV. I used to take up to 20 people at a time down to Windrock for rides from Michigan. Back then I had a trailer that would haul up to 8 atvs. I would organize the whole trip. I also rode in the Royal Blue National Forest and Coal Creek area. Never had the my Jeep down there. You are in for a great time.

I will also be in North Carolina at that time at Ft. Bragg to see my son and his wife. I plan to put a clutch in his CJ 5 while I am there.

Hopefully you don’t need to get into replacing the clutch pedal spring while your working at the clutch. One of the worst, bad angle, tight quartered repairs I’ve ever done on my CJ8. Good luck with the 5!

Top Bottom