October trip to the local mall

It goes without saying that living in Utah has its drawbacks, our winters suck balls and the whole liqueur law thing here is just ugh... but one of the things I love about living here is you’re never far away from a good mall and there are so many to choose from.

I decided to combine two trips with this post being that I went out Friday morning and again today, Sunday afternoon.

The rattlesnake trail here is one of three in a system of trails that link together and its less than 30 minutes drive from home and, baring any issues I can usually be off the trail and back home within a few hours.

New to Jeeps and 4 wheeling, I took my good friend Mark to test out his newly purchased 2014 JKUR. IMG_2743.jpg

Sizing up some optional lines... or should I say shaking our heads at what we call the “buggy” line.
IMG_2740.jpg
Getting mark through a tight squeeze.
This section of trail always makes me glad I have a soft top.
IMG_2748.jpg

Pictures don’t do this obstacle justice. It’s essentially three separate climbs that are each about 4 feet tall, wedge into a V notch and the ledges are space about the length of a 4dr JK. I’ve tried it many times with little more to show than some rash to my rock sliders and the consolation I’ve gotten to use my winch more than I care to admit.
IMG_2744.jpg
After a lot of deliberation, Mark finally decided on this built 2014 JKUR. I have to say, for someone new to 4wheeling and jeeps for that matter, he picked a pretty good one to start with
IMG_2752.jpg

Sizing up the last obstacle on this link up of trials. Again, pictures don’t quite do it justice and this isn’t the best angle. But it’s basically a 6 foot ledge with a step followed by another 3 foot ledge. Needless to say there are winch points at the top as that’s pretty much the only way up.
IMG_2755.jpg

Heading back down a narrow and tippy section of ledges, Mark worked his way down fairly easily.
IMG_2760.jpg

And one last stop for a poser shot and to let his Jeep wave hi to everyone. Hoping to get him to join this great family of Jeepers here on WAYALIFE
IMG_2764.jpg

Back at the gas station with my co-pilot. A well deserved slushy
IMG_2769.jpg

To be continued...

Last edited:
Back out for some more fun today.
I hadn’t planned on going out again for another week or so. But a call from good friend and new WAYALIFE member Cendee meant one thing, back out to Rattlesnake.
IMG_2781.jpg
IMG_2787.jpg

Being that Cendee had never been out this way and, we were running low on daylight, we decided to make it more of a sight seeing trip than a hardcore rock crawling trip but, I couldn’t help myself.

For the first time since I can remember, I had sucked up the seat cushion pretty good. Had this big rock not been there on my drivers rear side, I’d have gone all the way over
IMG_2832.jpg
Thanks Cendee for the cool shot

Ran into some cool folks willing to help me get some shots of my Jeep playing on the rocks.
IMG_2789.jpg
IMG_2791.jpg

Had to stop for a shot and to see an old mine shaft just beyond the brush
IMG_2792.jpg

This trail snakes it’s way through an old wash and with the recent storms, it had gotten a bit more washed out.

Cendee trying navigate through the wash
IMG_2797.jpg
IMG_2794.jpg

Once up on top, the views are pretty spectacular.
IMG_2801.jpg
IMG_2813.JPG

Had to include the kids in with the epic backdrop
IMG_2810.jpg

Cendee decided she needed a closer look into another mine shaft... “hey uh, don’t drop your phone”
IMG_2812.jpg

This is the shaft that has an old Willy’s truck stuck nose down in it, but too dark and too much garbage has been dumped down in it to make a picture worth the hassle.

Leave them alone for 5 minutes and they just can’t help but flirt
IMG_2818.jpg

Sun getting low, time to head back down
IMG_2819.jpg

Working our way back down a washed out section mine tailings.
IMG_2828.jpg

One last parting shot before the day was over
IMG_2813.JPG

Thanks for letting me share with all of you. Hope to one day lead a group of WAYALIFE members out on one of my favorite trails.

Last edited:

98XJ06LJ

Great pics and trails! Having moved to Houston 5 years ago for work has completing removed any quick Wheeling trips. It's hours of driving to even get to a privately owned OHV park. I miss the availability of public lands everyday. Thanks for posting up some of your adventures! Enjoy it before the white stuff takes over!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cendee

You got some awesome pictures. Thanks for the fun evening. Your one helluva tour guide! Cant wait for Sunday!

Great pics and trails! Having moved to Houston 5 years ago for work has completing removed any quick Wheeling trips. It's hours of driving to even get to a privately owned OHV park. I miss the availability of public lands everyday. Thanks for posting up some of your adventures! Enjoy it before the white stuff takes over!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it. The great thing about this trail is that it sees less than 3 feet of snow combined all year so i can usually run it year round. [emoji106]

Awesome!! Looks like a fun area to explore and wheel :thumb:

Thanks! You guys are the inspiration behind all of these trips. One day I hope to connect with you guys out here to show you around. Moby would be right at home on some of the bigger rocks out here. [emoji106]

Brute

Hooked
I'm heading to your neck of the woods for EJS in the spring; perhaps I can come a few days early to run some trails that's not in Moab with you...

Top Bottom