Stock horn replacement question

tonywjk

Hey everyone....

Changed jobs and am now doing more driving because of it...

That being said, I encounter many people that need to be woken up in the morning and the stock horns, as you know, are no good. Im asking for suggestions for a loud replacement set.

I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks!

zimm

Caught the Bug
I did a pair of the PIAA superior bass horns. They fit in the stock locations. I had to mess a little with the brackets and wiring to fit. They're not train horns, but much louder than stock. They noticeably get idiots off their cell phones at a green light, which is 3 cars across down here in Miami....

PIAA horn amazon link

tonywjk

I did a pair of the PIAA sport horns. They fit in the stock locations. I had to mess a little with the brackets and wiring to fit. They're not train horns, but much louder than stock. They noticeably get idiots off their cell phones at a green light, which is 3 cars across down here in Miami....

Thanks, can I ask, which PIAA set did you install? I like the sound of the 330/400hz they offer (just scrolled down and saw the link you sent, thanks. Those are the ones I was looking at

zimm

Caught the Bug
Thanks, can I ask, which PIAA set did you install? I like the sound of the 330/400hz they offer

I was editing as you quoted. I had the 400/500 sport horns on a WRX and they were a little "ricey". For the Jeep I did the 330/400hz "superior bass" horns and they're more Jeep like.

sm31

Thank you for the timely info! I purchased a JKUR about 6 weeks ago and never felt the need to honk the horn. Just this morning I was leaving for work @ 5:30 AM and I accidentally hit the panic button while still in the garage.

Nobody woke up.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Thank you for the timely info! I purchased a JKUR about 6 weeks ago and never felt the need to honk the horn. Just this morning I was leaving for work @ 5:30 AM and I accidentally hit the panic button while still in the garage.

Nobody woke up.

*meeeep* *meeeep* *meeeep*

I'm getting the PIAA's for my dad's JK for Christmas.

Top Bottom