JK radiator confusion

Jellymon

Radiator confusion

Ive been researching Mopar radiators for my 08 JKUR auto for hours and im seeing conflicting info/pictures.

It looks like the 07-12 Radiator part #55056634AB is the one I need, but the radiator for later years part#68143886AA also fits 07-18 years.

Where im getting confused is different sites where i can buy these shows the AB picture as AA as well as the opposite. So im not sure if im ordering the right one.

The radiator in there right now has the hose halfway up the radiator on the passenger side, which im assuming is 55056634AB.

Also ive heard that the later year radiator has a better trans cooler in it. Is this true, and is it the better of the two options?

I really appreciate any help. All my research couldnt fine any good info and i trust your guys' knowledge.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Ive been researching Mopar radiators for my 08 JKUR auto for hours and im seeing conflicting info/pictures.

It looks like the 07-12 Radiator part #55056634AB is the one I need, but the radiator for later years part#68143886AA also fits 07-18 years.

Where im getting confused is different sites where i can buy these shows the AB picture as AA as well as the opposite. So im not sure if im ordering the right one.

The radiator in there right now has the hose halfway up the radiator on the passenger side, which im assuming is 55056634AB.

Also ive heard that the later year radiator has a better trans cooler in it. Is this true, and is it the better of the two options?

I really appreciate any help. All my research couldnt fine any good info and i trust your guys' knowledge.

Without doing research on it, I'm not sure about the P/N's you show above, but I would highly suggest a Mopar rad. I've replaced mine twice now and the aftermarket one lasted a year before it started leaking.

More importantly, the 2012 & up JK's have an external tranny cooler, not internal.

Jellymon

That’s what I’ve read about the aftermarket radiators. Planning to get the mopar one, but since I’m seeing different pics with the same part #’s I’m kinda nervous to order it and receive the wrong thing.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked

the part number i found is 68143886AA

replaces 55056633AA, 55056633AB, 68049405AA

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem...0PXVubGltaXRlZC1ydWJpY29uJmU9My04bC12Ni1nYXM=

This is where i get my Mopar parts from, they ask for the VIN to make sure I'm getting the right part and are usually less than any local dealer.

Top Bottom