ABS and traction control coming up occasionally and turning off after a minute, Qs?

jorgelrod

Hooked
I'm starting to occasionally at slow speeds see the ABS/Traction Control turn themselves on and off after like a minute. I have the veepak Bluetooth ODBII reader and the Fusion app but it tells me that there are no notifications or warning on. Is there another App for IOS that can read the history and give me this info. I know for a fact that if I go to the dealer they can see which sensor spitted out the code so they can replace it. I'm looking for an iOS app that can do that. so far neither Fusion nor Auto Doctor is able to tell me, they say no warning which make me think they would only tell me check engine codes. Anyone has a better to recommend?

jorgelrod

Hooked
I'm sure it's got to be a bad connector, my Steering wheel is centered and something similar happened to me a while back and the dealer changed a sensor under warranty, I just hate that my apps won't give me any info on which sensor is throwing off the lights up in the dashboard

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm sure it's got to be a bad connector, my Steering wheel is centered and something similar happened to me a while back and the dealer changed a sensor under warranty, I just hate that my apps won't give me any info on which sensor is throwing off the lights up in the dashboard
Yeah that would make it easier for sure. Hopefully it's a simple fix.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rogerk93

For months I was having my traction control light come on and off and I changed all my sensors and still couldn’t figure it out. One huge thing that is missed and people forget about is the tone ring if it is dirty and grease or mud even a little built up on it, your traction control will kick on. It solved my months long headache the next time you have your brakes off clean them with brake cleaner and it should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
The other place dirt and water like to get in and cause intermittent abs lights is at the wire connector at the wheel speed sensor. Check those for a tight fit. If they seem loose open them up clean them. If you see the copper pins corroding you’ll know that the seal is bad and you’ll need to replace the connector.

Eddie Alvarado

Yes the same with my 14 Jeep wrangler Rubicon. Friend /mechanic at the dealership told me to replace the battery and have the alternator checked. The battery was not bad but to small in amps.so I replaced it with a group 96r and I have no more problems. Just low voltage.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
The other place dirt and water like to get in and cause intermittent abs lights is at the wire connector at the wheel speed sensor. Check those for a tight fit. If they seem loose open them up clean them. If you see the copper pins corroding you’ll know that the seal is bad and you’ll need to replace the connector.

If the connection is loose do you think putting dielectric grease in the connection would help?

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
glad I searched before posting a new topic...my traction control light has been coming on randomly for a few months now in my 12 JK. It usually stays on till I start it up again then will go off after i start driving. I'll try out some of these ideas bc that damn light drives me nuts

Top Bottom