Coilover Adjustment (secondary ring)

Sorry for yet another coilover thread, but maybe someone could be of help when it comes to the fine tuning...
Been driving on them since Sunday, and I’m happy with the ride height. I know some time is needed for everything to settle, so my plan is to fine tune things this weekend. However in looking at the EVO recommendations (see image), can’t even get the secondary coil rings to within a 1/2” of the isolator on the front. The threads don’t get close enough. Currently I have the spanner nuts set as per their instructions (1.25” front/ top at rear). Tried looking into this online and was seeing 2-3” as the recommended distance from the isolator for the secondary rings. In the rear I wouldn’t have an issue getting it within a 1/2”. I should add that weight wise I probably have less than most.. only aftermarket bumper, 33 on the EVO carrier, and LOD sliders.

Edit: currently I do have the springs rotated 180 from each other and the secondary rings are just where they are out of the box.

IMG_1472.jpg IMG_1471.jpg IMG_1469.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Travv310

If you call evo there going to tell you to screw the isolator ring all the way down. Your coilovers are made different( some have less of a threaded area) from the ones in the instructions mine were the same way. You may have to play with where the rings are to get the ride quality you want. That ring is where your secondary coil will start working.

PEACEMAKER1

Yeah I have my isolator rings screwed pretty close to the bottom of the treads right now. At least from there you can see how you like it and then go back up to find the sweet spot you're looking for.

Got the following response from them:

“We recommend the secondary nuts to be set an inch to an inch and a half from the top of the spring isolator, in your case we would
recommend running them down to where the threads end on the body of the
shock.”

Gobicon2017

I have my fronts set about 1” from slider. Front doesn’t really matter since you have 250lb upper and lower springs. The rear is sitting 1/2” above slider to kick in sooner.
IMG_4989.JPG

Gobicon2017

Gobicon2017

Just something else to add. Nitrogen levels were all over the place when I received mine. I’ve adjusted them to 175 all around and it’s almost perfect.

Gobicon2017

Adjusted them today as well as put on 1.5” wheel spacers and could immediately feel a difference in the ride. Now next up on my problem solving are the end links on front swaybar.

Noticed the upper bolt for my disconnecting links are making contact with the front of the coil bucket. I thought it could perhaps be that they’re too long (currently set to shortest possible) at 9.75” center to center (EVO recommends reusing the rear which are 9.5” at the front if paired with draglink flip). I have contact on both sides so don’t believe it’s a matter of something being offcenter.

My research its possible a result of the control arms being set to short? Plan to work through the do it yourself front end alignment write up so maybe it’d work itself out then.

Other options would be take the grinder to the bucket (wouldn’t mind this as I already took it to the raised mounting point on the passenger side to gain clearance) or switch to my previous disconnects that I can shorten (were barely long enough to level out the sway bar on my 2” lift tho).

Some pictures of the issue and also tried to get a straight on view of the whole front end because I know they’re often requested.

IMG_1496.jpg IMG_1499.jpg IMG_1500.jpg IMG_1503.jpg

Top Bottom