Dynatrac ProGrips - Mini Review

feederic

Last year I bolted on some coilovers, skids, and 35s to my stock JKUHR - and aside from noticing the sluggishness off the line with the 3.73 gears (stupid max tow package) it was obvious that I had lost quite a bit of breaking power and response. So much so that I was uncomfortable allowing anybody to drive the vehicle since the driving style change needed was quite drastic compared to a lightweight car.

I picked the ProGrips since it was a balanced system and I wanted to minimize any nose dive on emergency/hard braking. I was a little on the fence with this system compared to others that included master cylinders, or even a 4 piston setup that I was looking at for substantially more money. After the install, I noticed the wheel weights on my 17x9 methods cleared the larger calipers easily, and in fact there was much more space than I anticipated. I did think I was going to have to pull the weights off and rebalance, but that wasn't the case at all.

Driving the jeep, I can now say I can brake and drive like a normal passenger car. Braking power is instant, and I barely have to bend my foot at the ankle compared to having to step on the pedal prior. Driving is much less stressful now, and more natural since I don't have to stay on top of what other people are doing quite as much to make sure I have adequate braking distance. At this point, I wouldn't hesitate to let anyone else drive my jeep now knowing they won't have to make any adjustments to their normal driving style. I haven't tested the brakes at 100%, but I do know that I can effortlessly launch everything in my trunk to the front of the jeep - and haven't felt the need to test anything more.

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

feederic

I highly recommend, no regrets at all on my side.

I live in downtown where pedestrians cross without looking all the time. Driving out of it everyday used to have me on extreme edge because I may only have a half second to react. Now, I am still on edge, but have the confidence in my equipment to do its job if I do mine.

I’ll be Dynatrac from here on out.

jesse3638

Hooked
I highly recommend, no regrets at all on my side.

I live in downtown where pedestrians cross without looking all the time. Driving out of it everyday used to have me on extreme edge because I may only have a half second to react. Now, I am still on edge, but have the confidence in my equipment to do its job if I do mine.

I’ll be Dynatrac from here on out.
I call that natural selection.

Knowing you're crossing a street with cars driving and not looking first is like walking up to a lion and calling it a "nice kitty" as you try to pet it. Both are not smart and could result with you being killed.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Great review. Couldn't agree more. The stopping power is awesome. And the pedestrians around here are jackasses as well.

MericaMade

I am tossing around if I want to do these brakes or regearing first? What would you guys recommend first?

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
Regear first. If I had to chose going back to stock brakes or stock gears, I'd pick stock brakes.

The OP has 3.73's and not happy. I couldn't imagine running around on 3.21's.

I'm happy with my progrips. I would like to drive a jeep with the Mopar big brake kit (Ram 1500 brakes) to see how it compares.

Top Bottom