Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard top leak 2012 jkr

after I Plasti dipped my hard top insides, I had wind leakage and a slight drip in the morning from the fog, and figured out I had tightened the back too much so I let the screws off just a bit and it went away.
    2013 Commando Green JKR
    2.5" Rock Krawler Max Travel

Hard top leak 2012 jkr

My neighbor has a 2012 that was leaking also but he did not find out from a drip.

He found out when he pulled out his floor mats and found that his floors were wet. Tracked down the leak and found that it was the the gasket in the hardtop. Took it to the dealer and they said that they see this in the newer ones where the gaskets are bad.

They replaced it for free and the problem is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Halas View Post
    My neighbor has a 2012 that was leaking also but he did not find out from a drip.

He found out when he pulled out his floor mats and found that his floors were wet. Tracked down the leak and found that it was the the gasket in the hardtop. Took it to the dealer and they said that they see this in the newer ones where the gaskets are bad.

They replaced it for free and the problem is solved.
    I better check this out. I believe it's supposed to rain here tomorrow or the next day. Thanks

Hard top leak 2012 jkr

It is new, just ask the dealer.
    They really did not make that big of a deal of it.

It is easy for them to replace.

I have a 2013 JKUR -
    It snowed here Monday and melted really fast, then rained... Monday afternoon found a decent amount of water in the front floor board, drivers side. Soaked up what I could and used the shop vac to get some more out, but noticed yesterday that it was still wet (and it has not rained since). I pulled up the carpet yesterday and dried it all up.
    Think I found the problem - the seal on the door was bent which I think was redirecting the water back in, running down the door and right in to the floor. Picture attached to show what I've done for now... it looks like the seal just needs to be bent back in the right direction. I compared it w/the passenger side. Any suggestions on how to make it stay like this (without using the tape). I assume that once it's like this for a while, it should stay, right?
    20130328_163209.jpg

These issues on newer JKs should all be covered under warranty if for the original top/door seals. I'd take it to the dealer and have them replace the seals.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Boss View Post
    I have a 2013 JKUR -
    It snowed here Monday and melted really fast, then rained... Monday afternoon found a decent amount of water in the front floor board, drivers side. Soaked up what I could and used the shop vac to get some more out, but noticed yesterday that it was still wet (and it has not rained since). I pulled up the carpet yesterday and dried it all up.
    Think I found the problem - the seal on the door was bent which I think was redirecting the water back in, running down the door and right in to the floor. Picture attached to show what I've done for now... it looks like the seal just needs to be bent back in the right direction. I compared it w/the passenger side. Any suggestions on how to make it stay like this (without using the tape). I assume that once it's like this for a while, it should stay, right?
    20130328_163209.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    These issues on newer JKs should all be covered under warranty if for the original top/door seals. I'd take it to the dealer and have them replace the seals.

I know last year there was a recall on the seals for my jeep (2011) and i had the same problem before that. dealer replaced the seals all around for free obviously. i would go the deals like JAGS said

Although I haven't had any leaks yet on my 2012 (doesn't rain much here) I took a hard look at the seals around the doors and tailgate. They definitely were not installed at the factory with care and consistency. You know, like a wobbly line from a pinstriper. Oops! I did have one t-top leak at a car wash but it was my fault. After watching a Teraflex video that instructed to first clamp the L-shaped clamps and then the screw downs it hasn't happened again. I expect to have trouble down the road though. It's just the nature of the beast.
    My other Jeep....Is a Jeep

Re: Hard top leak 2012 jkr

Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    Although I haven't had any leaks yet on my 2012 (doesn't rain much here) I took a hard look at the seals around the doors and tailgate. They definitely were not installed at the factory with care and consistency. You know, like a wobbly line from a pinstriper. Oops! I did have one t-top leak at a car wash but it was my fault. After watching a Teraflex video that instructed to first clamp the L-shaped clamps and then the screw downs it hasn't happened again. I expect to have trouble down the road though. It's just the nature of the beast.
    Yup! Luckily, it just takes some clean up and a little investigation to figure out where it's coming from. It's weird b/c it had already rained several times before Mondays leak and I hadn't had issues, so somehow the seal just got a little bent.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    "Making Memories One Trail At A Time"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12