OR-FAB Rock Slider Rear Bumpers

JethroJK

I have been looking over various bumpers. The local dealership had a build on the floor when I was getting my wife's new Sahara and it has this bumper on it. It was very minimal and I really liked it because it basically serves as a location for two points and appears to not weigh a lot. Does anyone have any experience with these if so please advice...

The other thought was OR-FAB Rotopax Swing Away tire carrier is what I have chosen to put on the Jeep and it would be a good compliment together with the bumper, unless the bumper is junk...let me know. The attached picture is the gerry can pic but shows it with the bumper.

83205_m.jpg

85207_m.jpg

http://www.orfab.com/images/large/83205.jpg

NAUJK

I dont know about the bumber BUT! I just put on the Rotopax OR-Fab carrier and LOVE IT so far its amazing! Also Frank runs the Gerry Can one and loves it as well. It is a very solid carrier. But if your going to do the install yourself. Have the right tools. I got it done but took a LONG time since I didnt have all the proper equipment.

JethroJK

I dont know about the bumber BUT! I just put on the Rotopax OR-Fab carrier and LOVE IT so far its amazing! Also Frank runs the Gerry Can one and loves it as well. It is a very solid carrier. But if your going to do the install yourself. Have the right tools. I got it done but took a LONG time since I didnt have all the proper equipment.

I have heard nothing but good on the tire carrier and I honestly don't want a rear bumper but some of the states I will be living in over the next 2 years require a rear bumper. So since the tire carrier gets such great comments I though the bumper would be solid too.

Thanks for the heads up on the install as well.

JethroJK

I like the look of it. Definitely better if it's lighter than a steel bumper. Is it lighter?

I think AEV has one that's similar, look at the MW3 rear. You sure it wasn't that one?

http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/shop-by-category/moab-call-of-duty/jk-rear-bumper-tire-carrier.html

A little pricey with the carrier though...

The AEV one is nice but not what I am looking for. The OR FAB site doesn't give weight but a couple of distributor websites show 50-70 pounds. I think it would serve it's purpose and only cost about 495 including shipping.

suicideking

JethroJK

Yeah, I'm looking at spending less too. Right now like the JCR and LOD stuff.

Fully understand that. I like the JCR stuff too. That one in your link is a great price. The one thing I noticed about most of the JCR stuff is it comes unfinished, not coated or painted. So that will add cost on the back end. Not sure about the one you posted. LOD is something I looked at. Their sliders I was considering.

suicideking

Fully understand that. I like the JCR stuff too. That one in your link is a great price. The one thing I noticed about most of the JCR stuff is it comes unfinished, not coated or painted. So that will add cost on the back end. Not sure about the one you posted. LOD is something I looked at. Their sliders I was considering.

That's true. I've thought about doing a bumper and carrier separately. Get a bumper like the JCR and Teraflex carrier. When I add it up though, if it's anywhere close to $1K, better to just get a bumper/carrier combo.

JethroJK

That's true. I've thought about doing a bumper and carrier separately. Get a bumper like the JCR and Teraflex carrier. When I add it up though, if it's anywhere close to $1K, better to just get a bumper/carrier combo.

That is a good point. The OR FAB is I think 628 and the rear bumper I was looking at runs 411 I think so that is over the 1k mark. That is one thing I am learning quickly about Jeeps, so many options. The main reason I was going with OR FAB to begin with was I was originally going to run with no rear bumper to give myself better approach angles. But now I want one. So combos might be the right option, going to take a look.

Last edited:

suicideking

That is a good point. The OR FAB is I think 628 and the rear bumper I was looking at runs 411 I think so that is over the 1k mark. That is one thing I am learning quickly about Jeeps, so many options. The main reason I was going with OR FAB to begin with was I was originally going to run with no rear bumper to give myself better approach angles. But now I want one. So combos might be the right option, going to take a look.

Definitely many options for combos around $1000. I really like the LOD. Lots of options for racks, cans, etc.

Top Bottom