Front axle disconnect better than lockout hubs? SEE THE PICS

Exodus 4x4

Hey bubba, I hope you don't mind but I moved your post and made it a new thread. I think it's worthy of it.

For sure!

IMO, I think most people will be fine and really this is probably due to some careless wheeling. It is something to be mindful of though when out on the trail. I personally would’ve rather seen a locking hub design over this, but I don’t think the majority of people purchasing the JL could wrap their minds around the concept.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For sure!

IMO, I think most people will be fine and really this is probably due to some careless wheeling. It is something to be mindful of though when out on the trail. I personally would’ve rather seen a locking hub design over this, but I don’t think the majority of people purchasing the JL could wrap their minds around the concept.

Agreed, most people will most likely be fine. That being said, I saw JK axle housing break at about the same location back in 2007.

main.php

main.php

Like you, I would have preferred - no, would have LOVED locking hubs but think a majority of people purchasing the JL wouldn't be able to wrap their minds around the concept. Or, would be too lazy to want to get out and lock them up/un-lock them every time.

Top Bottom