Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Might be doing a thing

Might be doing a thing

Short story, might be getting the wife a JL in the next couple days if we can swap enough around and make it all work. Will be trading in the JK and it will be her daily driver but still a weekend warrior once I can get a little work into it. Lots to still sort out but here a few things.

People thoughts on the 2.0 vs the 3.6? will have the 8speed auto either way

Would love the Rubicon for all the reasons, but maybe a bit to pricey depending on where everything lines up, so well see,

either way, looking at all packages. Wife wants a nice interior so from what I can tell that's a sport s with options or a Sahara, (or Rubicon for that matter). Itll still find trails, and I'm happy to invest money in it next spring/summer but wouldn't have as much capability for a bit. This would become our weekender only in probably 2-3 years so then its build away. Curious people thoughts on which way to go? considering cost is a concern. Though I've seen optioned sports and more more basic Rubicons not to far off in price.

Also any features that people think are must have or not needed. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Short story, might be getting the wife a JL in the next couple days if we can swap enough around and make it all work. Will be trading in the JK and it will be her daily driver but still a weekend warrior once I can get a little work into it. Lots to still sort out but here a few things.

Would love the Rubicon for all the reasons, but maybe a bit to pricey depending on where everything lines up, so well see,

either way, looking at all packages. Wife wants a nice interior so from what I can tell that's a sport s with options or a Sahara, (or Rubicon for that matter). Itll still find trails, and I'm happy to invest money in it next spring/summer but wouldn't have as much capability for a bit. This would become our weekender only in probably 2-3 years so then its build away. Curious people thoughts on which way to go? considering cost is a concern. Though I've seen optioned sports and more more basic Rubicons not to far off in price.

I drove the 3.6 with the 8sp and it's friggin sweet! Can't speak for the 2.0 but a lot of folks love it as well. I'd drive both. I'm ordering mine with the V6 though.

Sounds like we are both after the same thing - DD that will see weekend duties (not getting rid of Gruff though!) I'm all over the damn map with the Sport S/Rubicon/Sahara at this point. I need to really sit down with my salesman buddy and go over all of the packages to see what is what. There are deals and packages out there not available on the Jeep builder on the Jeep website that I noticed. I don't think the Moab package is on it for example.

Have you poked around the JLWrangler forum? Lots of info there as well...

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post

Already spending that 1 billion dollar Mega Millions Jackpot you plan on winning this Friday..haha. My thoughts are (not always the best of advice), get what would be at the top of your budget now knowing there will be opportunities in the future for job changes or promotions. Some will not agree with me on this, but when I bought my first house I was told this and ended buying at what I was comfortable with. 3 years later I was looking at "bigger and better". Housing market took a shit though and did not allow for the change which actually probably worked out better in the end. I did that when I bought my second house though and it worked out very well. Had I "settled" I'd not be as happy as I am now. Now my only reason to move is to get out of CA..haha. That being said I'd take a base model Rubicon over anything else. 37's on a 2" lift paired with the 8 speed seem to be a winning combo. I saw last night it also fared well on the Rubicon... Just be sure to get the front diff glide plate no matter how gay it may look...haha

If you haven't already, visit jlwrangler.com. Lots of good info there. I do plan on getting a JL for a pavement princess at some point. I was really set on the 2.0T at first, but it's new along with some other included new random shit whereas the V6 is tried and true. I don't see myself going beyond a Sport S with 35s though, so I imagine either option would work. Still thinking about it.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Get the 2.0. What are you taking off the JK? Do you need stock parts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    If you haven't already, visit jlwrangler.com. Lots of good info there. I do plan on getting a JL for a pavement princess at some point. I was really set on the 2.0T at first, but it's new along with some other included new random shit whereas the V6 is tried and true. I don't see myself going beyond a Sport S with 35s though, so I imagine either option would work. Still thinking about it.
    I went with the 2018 JK instead of the JL, however I did the sport s also. Good idea, this way you can build it however you like and will more than likely be more cost efficient.

I am going with 3.6 Rubicon. It is something I went with last time with the JK and it worked out nice for me.
    Is JLforum requires new log in credentials?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    I am going with 3.6 Rubicon. It is something I went with last time with the JK and it worked out nice for me.
    Is JLforum requires new log in credentials?

Yes.

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Yes.

Ty Adam

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    Ty Adam

https://jlwrangler.com/forum.php

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast