Might be doing a thing

benatc1

Hooked
Short story, might be getting the wife a JL in the next couple days if we can swap enough around and make it all work. Will be trading in the JK and it will be her daily driver but still a weekend warrior once I can get a little work into it. Lots to still sort out but here a few things.

People thoughts on the 2.0 vs the 3.6? will have the 8speed auto either way

Would love the Rubicon for all the reasons, but maybe a bit to pricey depending on where everything lines up, so well see,

either way, looking at all packages. Wife wants a nice interior so from what I can tell that's a sport s with options or a Sahara, (or Rubicon for that matter). Itll still find trails, and I'm happy to invest money in it next spring/summer but wouldn't have as much capability for a bit. This would become our weekender only in probably 2-3 years so then its build away. Curious people thoughts on which way to go? considering cost is a concern. Though I've seen optioned sports and more more basic Rubicons not to far off in price.

Also any features that people think are must have or not needed. Thanks!

Ddays

Hooked
Short story, might be getting the wife a JL in the next couple days if we can swap enough around and make it all work. Will be trading in the JK and it will be her daily driver but still a weekend warrior once I can get a little work into it. Lots to still sort out but here a few things.

Would love the Rubicon for all the reasons, but maybe a bit to pricey depending on where everything lines up, so well see,

either way, looking at all packages. Wife wants a nice interior so from what I can tell that's a sport s with options or a Sahara, (or Rubicon for that matter). Itll still find trails, and I'm happy to invest money in it next spring/summer but wouldn't have as much capability for a bit. This would become our weekender only in probably 2-3 years so then its build away. Curious people thoughts on which way to go? considering cost is a concern. Though I've seen optioned sports and more more basic Rubicons not to far off in price.

I drove the 3.6 with the 8sp and it's friggin sweet! Can't speak for the 2.0 but a lot of folks love it as well. I'd drive both. I'm ordering mine with the V6 though.

Sounds like we are both after the same thing - DD that will see weekend duties (not getting rid of Gruff though!) I'm all over the damn map with the Sport S/Rubicon/Sahara at this point. I need to really sit down with my salesman buddy and go over all of the packages to see what is what. There are deals and packages out there not available on the Jeep builder on the Jeep website that I noticed. I don't think the Moab package is on it for example.

Have you poked around the JLWrangler forum? Lots of info there as well...

jesse3638

Hooked

Already spending that 1 billion dollar Mega Millions Jackpot you plan on winning this Friday..haha. My thoughts are (not always the best of advice), get what would be at the top of your budget now knowing there will be opportunities in the future for job changes or promotions. Some will not agree with me on this, but when I bought my first house I was told this and ended buying at what I was comfortable with. 3 years later I was looking at "bigger and better". Housing market took a shit though and did not allow for the change which actually probably worked out better in the end. I did that when I bought my second house though and it worked out very well. Had I "settled" I'd not be as happy as I am now. Now my only reason to move is to get out of CA..haha. That being said I'd take a base model Rubicon over anything else. 37's on a 2" lift paired with the 8 speed seem to be a winning combo. I saw last night it also fared well on the Rubicon..;). Just be sure to get the front diff glide plate no matter how gay it may look...haha

WJCO

Meme King
If you haven't already, visit jlwrangler.com. Lots of good info there. I do plan on getting a JL for a pavement princess at some point. I was really set on the 2.0T at first, but it's new along with some other included new random shit whereas the V6 is tried and true. I don't see myself going beyond a Sport S with 35s though, so I imagine either option would work. Still thinking about it.

kellyk

If you haven't already, visit jlwrangler.com. Lots of good info there. I do plan on getting a JL for a pavement princess at some point. I was really set on the 2.0T at first, but it's new along with some other included new random shit whereas the V6 is tried and true. I don't see myself going beyond a Sport S with 35s though, so I imagine either option would work. Still thinking about it.

I went with the 2018 JK instead of the JL, however I did the sport s also. Good idea, this way you can build it however you like and will more than likely be more cost efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
I drove the 3.6 with the 8sp and it's friggin sweet! Can't speak for the 2.0 but a lot of folks love it as well. I'd drive both. I'm ordering mine with the V6 though.

Sounds like we are both after the same thing - DD that will see weekend duties (not getting rid of Gruff though!) I'm all over the damn map with the Sport S/Rubicon/Sahara at this point. I need to really sit down with my salesman buddy and go over all of the packages to see what is what. There are deals and packages out there not available on the Jeep builder on the Jeep website that I noticed. I don't think the Moab package is on it for example.

Have you poked around the JLWrangler forum? Lots of info there as well...

Yeah decision on where to start, need to see where cost lines up. Have been on JLW, posted over there too, need to poke around more too

Already spending that 1 billion dollar Mega Millions Jackpot you plan on winning this Friday..haha. My thoughts are (not always the best of advice), get what would be at the top of your budget now knowing there will be opportunities in the future for job changes or promotions. Some will not agree with me on this, but when I bought my first house I was told this and ended buying at what I was comfortable with. 3 years later I was looking at "bigger and better". Housing market took a shit though and did not allow for the change which actually probably worked out better in the end. I did that when I bought my second house though and it worked out very well. Had I "settled" I'd not be as happy as I am now. Now my only reason to move is to get out of CA..haha. That being said I'd take a base model Rubicon over anything else. 37's on a 2" lift paired with the 8 speed seem to be a winning combo. I saw last night it also fared well on the Rubicon..;). Just be sure to get the front diff glide plate no matter how gay it may look...haha

The Rubicon does create an easy building platform, comes at a hefty price, but all 3 are pretty pricey too

Motor wise I keep going both ways, not much if a premium but lots are 2.0s on the lots around here. Been over there, need to spend more time. Posted there too and getting great feedback

Get the 2.0. What are you taking off the JK? Do you need stock parts?

2.0 sounds fun, not sure what's coming off the JK yet, going to let them look at it as is, can you reinstall factory bumper after quarter pounder install? Not worth taking the lift off, don't have a ton of other stuff, maybe lights and switches, may throw a cheap battery in, not sure. I'll keep you posted if something comes up

I went with the 2018 JK instead of the JL, however I did the sport s also. Good idea, this way you can build it however you like and will more than likely be more cost efficient.

I definitely agree with this thought process, but those Rubicons look so sweet lol

I am going with 3.6 Rubicon. It is something I went with last time with the JK and it worked out nice for me.
Is JLforum requires new log in credentials?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

3.6 has been good, nice with 8 speed too. More unknowns with 2.0 but some upside too, I'm still torn lol

benatc1

Hooked
I replied to everyone on my phone the other day but for some reason it doesn't show that I did, either way, thanks everyone for their feedback, lots of things to consider, going to finalize things tomorrow at the dealer and see if we can get a deal done, updates tomorrow evening!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I replied to everyone on my phone the other day but for some reason it doesn't show that I did, either way, thanks everyone for their feedback, lots of things to consider, going to finalize things tomorrow at the dealer and see if we can get a deal done, updates tomorrow evening!

You deleted the post somehow. I undeleted it for you.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I like the bigger touch screen. Compared to the smaller one. I went with a fully loaded jl besides heated seats and steering wheel. Kind of wish I did for the cold days. I think the high clearance fenders in the rubicon and led package looks a lot better than the sports and Sahara’s. But all depends on if you plan on keeping them.

But if you go with a sport or Sahara you’d save money and possibly put that towards a pr44 front. 🤷🏻*♂️

benatc1

Hooked
I like the bigger touch screen. Compared to the smaller one. I went with a fully loaded jl besides heated seats and steering wheel. Kind of wish I did for the cold days. I think the high clearance fenders in the rubicon and led package looks a lot better than the sports and Sahara’s. But all depends on if you plan on keeping them.

But if you go with a sport or Sahara you’d save money and possibly put that towards a pr44 front. 🤷🏻*♂️

Yeah I like the big screen too, so does the wife, I also agree on the high fender look, more functional for the build too

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Let me know if you are thinking of pulling the front bumper. I have a custom stubby stock and might be interested in going for the stinger.

Top Bottom