Engine swap

74CJ5

Ok, so I am forced to look at doing an engine swap and as much as I want to pull the trigger on an LS I don't really have $27K laying around right now.

So I can either do a 3.6 reman or do a low mileage 3.6 that came out of a JK that got an LS upgrade. Anyone done either of these and if so what was the ballpark cost?

Thx!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Bubba do you use the motech kit or something else for your swaps?

I currently use MoTech for the JK’s. I have used RPM extreme in the past and really liked it, but it requires using the GM accessories and sometimes that can be an issue. It gets complicated and honestly your better off calling me one day and I can explain the pros and cons of both systems.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
I currently use MoTech for the JK’s. I have used RPM extreme in the past and really liked it, but it requires using the GM accessories and sometimes that can be an issue. It gets complicated and honestly your better off calling me one day and I can explain the pros and cons of both systems.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Got it. Thanks. I’ve been eying an L83 and a motech kit. Engine options are more limited because I’m in California.

Wayoffkilter

I just got a 3.6L from Mopar and had a local shop put it in while I was overseas.

Total cost after core charge and labour was 7k canadian. So ~5500 usd

I thought that wasn't too bad.

Found this on gayk, GL with swap, who dosent want LS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom