Check Engine Light

MNJKU

Have a 2013 Wrangler Sahara, 70000 miles, pretty stock so far. The check engine light recently came on. There is no error code currently being generated. Still runs okay, the only symptoms that I can see so far are the ECO light does not come on, even when coasting down a hill and there is a slight hesitation/roughness (don't know if that is the right word for it) when I accelerate from idle. Still seems to have the same power. Gas mileage has not been affected that I can tell.

Thanks for your help!

Eloucha

Have a 2013 Wrangler Sahara, 70000 miles, pretty stock so far. The check engine light recently came on. There is no error code currently being generated. Still runs okay, the only symptoms that I can see so far are the ECO light does not come on, even when coasting down a hill and there is a slight hesitation/roughness (don't know if that is the right word for it) when I accelerate from idle. Still seems to have the same power. Gas mileage has not been affected that I can tell.

Thanks for your help!

Check ur gaz cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmilobrown

Hey Eloucha, we need a little more info to help. You said reset, did you use a code reader or disconnect the battery for 20 min? or both?

Eloucha

Hey Eloucha, we need a little more info to help. You said reset, did you use a code reader or disconnect the battery for 20 min? or both?

This is not my tread here. I trying to help. Too as I. Know

rmilobrown

LOL, Sorry for the really bad replies! I was at work, trying to multitask AND help WAL Jeepers at the same time😋 I should just stick to Jeeps😀

MNJKU

Thanks for the tips, I did check the gas cap, no change. Headed to an auto parts store a little later to get a reading.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Thanks for the tips, I did check the gas cap, no change. Headed to an auto parts store a little later to get a reading.

Get a Blue Driver scanner. Very handy for these instances! It’s a scanner that you connect your phone to. It’s only about $100.

MNJKU

Thanks for the tips, Went to the auto parts store. The code returned was P0456. Wiped down the gas inlet tube and the cap. Reset the check engine light. We'll see what happens.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for the tips, Went to the auto parts store. The code returned was P0456. Wiped down the gas inlet tube and the cap. Reset the check engine light. We'll see what happens.

If the code comes back, the WAYALIFE Amazon store has an EVAP smoking machine: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/51019-Specialty-Tools-Ball-Joint-Press-Nutsert-Testing-Equipment

I own one. It works well. It fills the system with smoke so that you can find the leak.

By the way, on our JK, we had the same code but no leak. It ended up being the leak detection pump on the EVAP canister.

I also found out in the process, that both of my scanners would not clear the code, yet disconnecting the battery for a few minutes did clear the code.

Eloucha

Ok fill up gaz Park in garage over night some time small leak u can’t see or u can find any drop on floor but u can smell gaz inside ur garage . Check the neck of ur gaz tank

Top Bottom