Odd tire wear. ATTURO Trail Blade X/T

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I am helping my buddy to work on his Ram, he’s running ATTURO tires. I noticed a really odd tire wear on only one of his tires. What in the hell causes the tire to wear like this. If you look at the pictures the treads that are darker are worn out more than treads that actually make contact with the ground.
IMG_8329.jpg
IMG_8330.jpg
IMG_8331.jpg

Here’s a link for those tires.
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/atturo-trail-blade-x-t/p/35461

Anybody has an idea what can cause the tire to wear like this? Could it just be a bad tire since it is only one that worn like this?

Jsouder53

Hooked
That is odd! Never heard of those tires before, are they just a cheaper brand tire with a cheaper rubber compound?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am helping my buddy to work on his Ram, he’s running ATTURO tires. I noticed a really odd tire wear on only one of his tires. What in the hell causes the tire to wear like this. If you look at the pictures the treads that are darker are worn out more than treads that actually make contact with the ground.

Here’s a link for those tires.
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/atturo-trail-blade-x-t/p/35461

Anybody has an idea what can cause the tire to wear like this? Could it just be a bad tire since it is only one that worn like this?

If I could guess, you may have worn out shocks or ones that aren't paired up well for the coils you're running and you're getting too much wheel hop.

jdofmemi

☝️ This

Also along with shocks probably some other loose suspension bushings.

As for the tires, even good tires will wear like that when there are issues, and cheap ones like those will wear even faster

toyotire

Worn shocks can cause odd wear but so can improper Toe settings. If shocks are in good shape I would check toe.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the replies everyone. I did his leveling kit last year, he has the Ram 1500 so It’s IFS which totally sucked getting the front done. Same spring was reused with a new shock up front so, a wrong shock/spring combo could be a possible issue here. I am very anal about torque specs so I am positive everything was torqued to spec, I can still see my witness marks from last year install, all good there. Nothing else seems to be loose as far as the all the joints go. Probably doesn’t help he didn’t rotate his tires for 17K miles 🤨.

Shitty tires.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That was the first thing I told him. Actually I told him not to get those tires to begin with.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I'd say shock absorbers, I've been running my Atturos for close to 40K with 5 tire rotation every 3K and have never seen that on mine...

Just my $.02

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys, I’ll pass it al of to him. The shock absorbers are less than a year old. Maybe he got a defective shock.

Top Bottom