EVO tire carrier - wheel lug pattern Q

preeb

Got the carrier for my 40” spare from EVO and noticed the 5x5.5 pattern on the wheel mounting round plate.
The 3 bolts are welded. I have a 8x6.5 spare wheel lug pattern and need to make the change.
What is the proper way to do this? Or.. was I supposed to specify lug pattern with the order? I don’t see tue option to do so nor understand the reasoning behind this.

View attachment 313013

A.J.

It looks like the pattern is there for you. Just grind the welds or cut the bolts off flush and put new ones in the corresponding holes for you 8lug wheels. If you want the lug nuts to match make sure the bolts you get are the right thread pitch.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

preeb

It looks like the pattern is there for you. Just grind the welds or cut the bolts off flush and put new ones in the corresponding holes for you 8lug wheels. If you want the lug nuts to match make sure the bolts you get are the right thread pitch.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Will find a shop to do it as I don’t have a welding system.

preeb

That’s your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok... if I read correctly between your lines you are trying to say that the only “right” way to do this is directly from EVO? Or is it only nr4x4 that you dislike?
I’ve always had great prices, quick shipping and good CS at nr4x4 and have nothing against buying directly from EVO but prices were lowest at nr4x4.
... or is it not “cool” enough to buy there?
Anyway, I wasn’t looking for a bashing thread just had a small question and I can take care of “my problem” easily. Have a sweet weekend!

longarmwj

Ok... if I read correctly between your lines you are trying to say that the only “right” way to do this is directly from EVO? Or is it only nr4x4 that you dislike?
I’ve always had great prices, quick shipping and good CS at nr4x4 and have nothing against buying directly from EVO but prices were lowest at nr4x4.
Anyway, I wasn’t looking for a bashing thread just had a small question and I can take care of “my problem” easily. Have a sweet weekend!

I mean if buying from companies that are honest and reputable is "cool enough", then sure, NR4x4 isn't cool enough.

NR4x4 sucks. Shitty customer service, and not to mention the failed attempt to try to beat Wayalife at what they do best, documenting and editing wheeling videos. Their JKX video was shit, and a blatant attempt to try to copy Eddie and Cindy's videos.

So yes, it is only NR4x4 that we dislike, among other shitty unethical companies (sPod, Extreme Terrain, Motobilt, etc). I'm sure Adam will return here shortly and elaborate more in the gentle and subtle manner that he is famous for.

I mean if buying from companies that are honest and reputable is "cool enough", then sure, NR4x4 isn't cool enough.

NR4x4 sucks. Shitty customer service, and not to mention the failed attempt to try to beat Wayalife at what they do best, documenting and editing wheeling videos. Their JKX video was shit, and a blatant attempt to try to copy Eddie and Cindy's videos.

So yes, it is only NR4x4 that we dislike, among other shitty unethical companies (sPod, Extreme Terrain, Motobilt, etc). I'm sure Adam will return here shortly and elaborate more in the gentle and subtle manner that he is famous for.

It’s all teed up and ready to go OverlanderJK. Make us proud...

preeb

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not much into the political side of the 4X4 world nor would I like to be, but I would definitely side with Wayalife which I consider brutally straight and honest if the other side is proven "guilty".
I only wish EVO would be able to sell direct at the same price level I'm getting from NR4X4 and believe my I tried.
I have spent about 20K on EVO gear (love their stuff) and admit that it feels weird going through online stores but hey.. I ain't no blue blooded prince and don't expect any special care.
I do direct buying from most other vendors I use and get fair pricing.
Just to clarify.. if you use the 10% discount code on NR4X4 you can't beat the price plus free shipping (at least I can't). I also assume EVO is more than happy to have NR4X4 as their front sales portal otherwise they wouldn't have used them. Like anything else in life... it's all about the coin (-; and I will buy where it is cheapest as long as the warranty is in place by the manufacturer and I like the product being US made, high quality and made by a reputable manufacturer to support it.
Anyway.. I will look into the other optional sites such as Quadratec, maybe they have the same prices and ARE Wayalife friendly.

Thanks for the plug.. or better say.. unplug

Last edited:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug

Some people have had problems with northridge shipping wrong items and other things and if they take returns they make you pay shipping to return it.

I find it odd they sent you one with 5x5.5. Usually they are set up for 5x5. It would be nice if they just left them un-tacked in my opinion. I cut mine off and welded them for 5x5.5.

preeb

Some people have had problems with northridge shipping wrong items and other things and if they take returns they make you pay shipping to return it.

I find it odd they sent you one with 5x5.5. Usually they are set up for 5x5. It would be nice if they just left them un-tacked in my opinion. I cut mine off and welded them for 5x5.5.

I stand correced.. it is 5x5.
I agree about leaving them un-tacked or even better, have EVO think it over and do a switchable design that does not require welding making the product fully bolt-on. I decided to weld the mounting brackets to the evo builder corners so it doesn’t matter to me. Looks like this weight needs welded brackets to keep from sagging (-;

Top Bottom