Help: PSC Serpentine Belt for 2012 JK Steering

aermotor

The serpentine belt just went while driving home from the desert. I have the XD with the PSC pump and pulley and all that.

Was praying the belt isn’t proprietary but I think it is. Does anyone know if another belt fits this kit?

Waiting for AAA in bum fuck Victorville now

--

UPDATE: Here are part numbers that should help anyone looking

2007-2011 with PSC Pump #4060885

2012 with "older" PSC pump = stock?

2012 with "newer" PSC pump #4060895 (pumps sold in 2018+?)

Last edited:

Coop

Caught the Bug
The serpentine belt just went while driving home from the desert. I have the XD with the PSC pump and pulley and all that.

Was praying the belt isn’t proprietary but I think it is. Does anyone know if another belt fits this kit?

Do you still have the belt?
Belts are available in linear dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WJCO

Meme King
Pretty rare that a belt just comes off. Are pullies seized or have play or anything? If there's enough of the belt left, save it so you can take it to a parts store and match up the length. Sorry to hear about the ordeal.

aermotor

Belt got shredded by something, it didn’t come off, only 1 strand left so I can’t check a part number. It looks like that radiator netting shroud might have come frayed and gotten caught up in the belt and it cut it. Don’t know yet.

The belt would just be longer than stock but I don’t know the length. Hoping has one on hand they can reference.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Belt got shredded by something, it didn’t come off, only 1 strand left so I can’t check a part number. It looks like that radiator netting shroud might have come frayed and gotten caught up in the belt and it cut it. Don’t know yet.

The belt would just be longer than stock but I don’t know the length. Hoping has one on hand they can reference.

This sucks but if you still have the belt you should be able to get an approximate length to match up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

It should be a stock belt.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
The 2012+ kits don't show that they come with a new belt, where the 11- does. I would tend to think you are probably gonna need a stock replacement, and figure out what shredded the last one.

aermotor

Well I’m back on the road! My friend found the part number: 4060895

I happen to break down in front of a really nice old guys house who builds 4x4 Broncos right off Pearblossom highway and he took me to AutoZone and help me swap them out. The 4x4 community is awesome. Thanks guys

aermotor

2012 comes with a longer belt as the pulley is larger than stock. At least mine came with a new belt that was different. Also the part number above does not fit stock 2012 so I think they are different.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
2012 comes with a longer belt as the pulley is larger than stock. At least mine came with a new belt that was different. Also the part number above does not fit stock 2012 so I think they are different.

When I put in the assist, in addition to a new pump it came with a new (longer) belt.

Thinking about it I may get a replacement just in case

jesse3638

Hooked
Victorville isn’t exactly bum fucked. Might have some sister fucking and meth but not what I would consider bum fucked.

And with Meth come tool Steelers.
Well I’m back on the road! My friend found the part number: 4060895

I happen to break down in front of a really nice old guys house who builds 4x4 Broncos right off Pearblossom highway and he took me to AutoZone and help me swap them out. The 4x4 community is awesome. Thanks guys
That turned out well. If you broke down on Palmdale Rd (Hwy 18) in Victorville that could have turned out a whole lot different...:crazyeyes:. In the future, if you ever need a hand I'm in Apple Valley.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Wow I'm glad I found this thread. I forgot the PSC kits need a longer belt. I dug the spare out from under my seat and it's a stock replacement :eek:

I'll keep it in case another jk throws a belt, but rock auto has the 4060895 for $18.95.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I called up PSC because this was a bit confusing for me since I know my 2012 uses the factory belt. Apparently there is a new pump they started using this year that does require you to use a longer belt. So depending how long you have had the system depends what belt you will need to use.

aermotor

I called up PSC because this was a bit confusing for me since I know my 2012 uses the factory belt. Apparently there is a new pump they started using this year that does require you to use a longer belt. So depending how long you have had the system depends what belt you will need to use.

Wow. That is BAD.

Either way, find out what you have and keep a spare.

2007-2011 with PSC Pump #4060885

2012 with "older" pump = stock?

2012 with "newer" PSC pump #4060895 (pumps sold in 2018+?)

zimm

Caught the Bug
The new pulley is 5.5” the old one is around 4. So all you need to do is measure it and that will tell you if your stock or not.

I'm at 4.5". So the old one with OEM belt I'm guessing.

Edit- Rockauto.com is awesome. I "cancelled" the pending oversized belt and they got back to me with a full cancellation and refunded the card. Awesome.

View attachment 313147

Last edited:
Top Bottom