Summer Vacation 2019

A.J.

Rubicon, Dusy Irsham, Fordyce. Maybe check your dates with Sierra trek and plan accordingly. Moab of course. I mean your coming this far make it count! Maybe Phil (Buster3479) here can fill you in on his agenda from last year. He came all the way from Maryland I think.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
You’re driving from Alabama and want to see big bear? You realize the West is huge with a lot of other great places right?

They are about a 7 hour drive from one another.

Big Bear is fun, but not an epic destination worthy of a drive from Alabama. Now, Moab or the Rubicon are a different story ...

Yeah the big bear trails are fun for a quick get away as long as you go mid week or very early on the weekends otherwise it can be like sitting in grid lock in the forest. I'd try to steer you more towards the Mojave desert if you insist on coming to So-Cal for wheeling. Its more open and away from people. Plus there is a lot of old west history to be found. However, in the summer expect temps to be 110+ so pack accordingly.

You didn't hear?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Nope sure didn't. Aside from it being crowded as hell in the summer and not being allowed to have campfires it's always been open. If they decide to lock all the gates though I do happen to have a key...;)

BaddestCross

Yeah the big bear trails are fun for a quick get away as long as you go mid week or very early on the weekends otherwise it can be like sitting in grid lock in the forest. I'd try to steer you more towards the Mojave desert if you insist on coming to So-Cal for wheeling. Its more open and away from people. Plus there is a lot of old west history to be found. However, in the summer expect temps to be 110+ so pack accordingly.

Nope sure didn't. Aside from it being crowded as hell in the summer and not being allowed to have campfires it's always been open. If they decide to lock all the gates though I do happen to have a key...;)

Lol. You're no fun at all. 🤣

To the OP: If you're gonna be in the area for other reasons, Big Bear has some fun trails. I'd go for the Badge of Honor trails - John Bull, Holcomb, and Dishpan - if you're looking for a challenge.

If you're just coming to CA to wheel, there's better trails up North as mentioned - Rubicon, etc. or head out to the desert if it isn't blistering hot by the time you're here.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Brute

Hooked
Go to Moab...then head southwest and rent a boat at Lake Mead...then head further south and see the Grand Canyon..then head further south and defend the border...

Top Bottom