VIDEO : JL JOURAL - AFTERMATH / A Post Rubicon Trail Damage Report

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Aside from the broken exhaust hanger, smashed steering stablizer, jacked up front differential drain bolt and of course, the bit of body damage that I gave our Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited on our most recent Rubicon Trail run, I've had a number of people ask if maybe we found anything else that might have got damaged as well. Being that it had been over 8 months since we gave JET Li a thorough once over, we thought now would be a good a time as any to rack him up and give everything a closer look. And, in this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you get to see how things have been holding up. We hope you enjoy.

2 THINGS EVERY JL WRANGLER OWNER SHOULD HAVE
BUY a HITCH STINGER: https://www.wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-HITCH-STINGER
BUY a RANCHO FRONT AXLE GLIDE PLATE: https://amzn.to/2PJReoB

:cool:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Looks like it’s been holding up pretty well, seems like the only big issue is the front diff. Battleborn did a great job on the body repairs, good as new[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nice to have guys like battle born that you can trust to do it right!

Good to see Jet Li's body back to pristine again. Time for more adventures!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Really nice body work. The scraping and shrieking coming from the underside on the last Rubicon trip had me digging my nails into my palms. Jet-Li is battle borne.

longarmwj

Those steering linkages are a HUGE improvement over the JKs :eek: Glad to see that Jet Li held up on the trail. I'd be scampering to get a oil pan skid plate though after seeing any sign of a mark on my oil pan!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it’s been holding up pretty well, seems like the only big issue is the front diff. Battleborn did a great job on the body repairs, good as new[emoji106]

Surprising, isn't it? It's a big part of why we decided to make this video. We get people tell us all the time that we need to buy X, Y or Z products made by whoever the hell they've seen on YouTube but I can't seem to figure out why? I mean, if it ain't broke...

Nice to have guys like battle born that you can trust to do it right!

Good to see Jet Li's body back to pristine again. Time for more adventures!

Thanks! Battle Born is a great shop that does AMAZING work and for a fair price. :yup:

Really nice body work. The scraping and shrieking coming from the underside on the last Rubicon trip had me digging my nails into my palms. Jet-Li is battle borne.

:cheesy: I won't lie, the shrieking is annoying as hell and really, it only happens because of the new skid bars have a way of resonating so much. :crazyeyes:

Those steering linkages are a HUGE improvement over the JKs :eek: Glad to see that Jet Li held up on the trail. I'd be scampering to get a oil pan skid plate though after seeing any sign of a mark on my oil pan!!

LOL!! eh, I'm not too concerned. We just touched the oil pan and really, it was clearly a fluke. Hell, we still don't have an oil pan skid on Moby :yup:

Cloned yourself in the video! Does this mean one of you will be able to make Moab in a few weeks.... [emoji6]

:cheesy: I'll send one over. :D

I thought it will be worse
Can’t wait to see the next mod ☝️

Pretty cool that it wasn't, right? :yup:

Good work and Thanks for the update. Oil pan skid plate for Jet Li!?

I'd like to get a ProTek skid for it and the transmission cooler lines but I doubt we'll be getting it anytime soon. :rolleyes2:

benatc1

Hooked
Glad they got the dent out, anothers great video, nice to see what's taking the beating and what's not. Looks like an engine skid would be beneficial at some point

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

GTJeeper

Another great video Eddie! I’m always surprised how well the factory skids hold up and how many people decide to replace them.

Bummer about the gas tank skid and the ds rubbing, did you have that issue ever with moby before replacing the skid with the synnergy one?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
My malls aren’t that tough around here. Lol. Looks like fun was had to me. To be expected when you wheel. Seeing body damage is never good. The repairs look great though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad they got the dent out, anothers great video, nice to see what's taking the beating and what's not. Looks like an engine skid would be beneficial at some point

Yeah, the're on my to do list. :yup:

Another great video Eddie! I’m always surprised how well the factory skids hold up and how many people decide to replace them.

Bummer about the gas tank skid and the ds rubbing, did you have that issue ever with moby before replacing the skid with the synnergy one?

We didn't but then, we were running a tall track bar relocation bracket to help recenter the rear axle. Our JL is not so that isn't helping anything.

My malls aren’t that tough around here. Lol. Looks like fun was had to me. To be expected when you wheel. Seeing body damage is never good. The repairs look great though.

Yup, can't even tell anything had ever happened. :yup:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Videos like this makes me think I went a little crazy on skids plates. I guess I could put Bearbait on a diet [emoji23]

Top Bottom