New guy from Utah

trplxj

Just joined and I’m looking forward to reading as much as I can. Maybe even making a few new friends along the way.

I’ll see about starting a build thread since I’m in the middle of building my Jeep. Here’s a quick pic of the current progress. IMG_1701.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

trplxj

Very cool. Can't wait to see more photos. Which 60 did you go with? Or did you build it yourself?

It’s. 1990 Ford king pin HP 60. I had to modify the dif housing a little to get the spring mount to fit right.

It’s a really tight fit getting these axles under there.

WJCO

Meme King
It’s. 1990 Ford king pin HP 60. I had to modify the dif housing a little to get the spring mount to fit right.

It’s a really tight fit getting these axles under there.

Nice. I bet it was tight. I did a 44 on mine and that was tight enough. I can't imagine a 60. Especially near the exhaust, driveshaft, etc. Did you keep the bump stops near the pumpkin or move them out inside the coils?

trplxj

Nice. I bet it was tight. I did a 44 on mine and that was tight enough. I can't imagine a 60. Especially near the exhaust, driveshaft, etc. Did you keep the bump stops near the pumpkin or move them out inside the coils?

I haven’t done the bump stops yet. But they will be inside the coils.

The front wasn’t as bad as the rear. I stretched the wheelbase about 5 inches. The upper link arm mounts on the rear axle were hitting the gas tank at ride height. I moved the stupid tank twice.

I’ve had the modify the exhaust a little bit up front but not too much. Being a inline 6 made that a lot easier.

I started working on it in July and I’m getting closer to it being back on the road.

Top Bottom