Fuel Additives

Jsouder53

Hooked
So lately my work truck has been having a rough idle and even while cruising at a consistent speed it’s been having a rough chugging feeling. I’ve noticed it runs fine when above 1700RPM but when its around 1500RPM it’s rough and it doesn’t matter what gear or even in reverse. It was running fine till I let it sit for a couple weeks while I drove the Jeep to work.

It’s a 2001 F250 with 200,000+ miles on it. My first thought is that it was just bad gas from it sitting? Maybe some fuel additive will work... what fuel additive have you all used and been happy with?

Last edited:

BaddestCross

So lately my work truck has been having a rough idle and even while cruising at a consistent speed it’s been having a rough chugging feeling. I’ve noticed it runs fine when above 1700RPM but when its around 1500RPM it’s rough and it doesn’t matter what gear or even in reverse. It was running fine till I let it sit for a couple weeks while I drove the Jeep to work.

It’s a 2001 F250 with 200,000+ miles on it. My first thought is that it was just bad gas from it sitting? Maybe some fuel additive will work... what fuel additive have you all used and been happy with?
Probably bad gas. I use Marvel Mystery Oil in the tank.

I use Sta-Bil in my gas cans for long term storage, but I don't know if it will help after the fact.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

MDK210

YouTube channel called “Project Farm” who does some very scientific tests on topics such as this did one in regards to fuel additives by testing the most popular ones. Check it out and see if it helps...

WJCO

Meme King
Set it on fire after you carve a pentagram onto the intake. Make sure you use authentic goat's blood prior to the ritual. It could be all kinds of shit on that motor. Best to just take extra precautions to eliminate all potential evil spirits.

WJCO

Meme King
YouTube channel called “Project Farm” who does some very scientific tests on topics such as this did one in regards to fuel additives by testing the most popular ones. Check it out and see if it helps...

Yeah, maybe, but can they remove the ancient curse?

Jsouder53

Hooked

Thanks! I’ll check it out [emoji106]

Set it on fire after you carve a pentagram onto the intake. Make sure you use authentic goat's blood prior to the ritual. It could be all kinds of shit on that motor. Best to just take extra precautions to eliminate all potential evil spirits.

Hahaha I take it you see a lot of these engines in the shop?

WJCO

Meme King
Coil packs, phasers, timing tensioner seals, oil pumps, etc. I don't know what the going rate for an on-site exorcist is, but check your local Craigslist.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Coil packs, phasers, timing tensioner seals, oil pumps, etc. I don't know what the going rate for an on-site exorcist is, but check your local Craigslist.

Coil packs it is, cheaper than an exorcist lol once I’m done getting the Jeep axle back together, the truck will be getting worked on...

Exodus 4x4

Sounds like you’ve had some experience with them, lol. I can’t say I’ve had any real bad experience with them other than the coil packs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Lol. I've never done it, but the coil packs are a pain in the ass from what I've seen on my 04 E350. I hear they're notorious for snapping off in the block.

I've got over 400k on my 5.4 and the worst trouble it's given me was chasing an overheating problem. I'd think it would throw a code if it was misfiring. I know it did on my 03 Navigator with the 5.4.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Brute

Hooked
I use Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer in my boat every time i put fuel in it, since it may sit weeks-months before the next time I run the engines...I would think it would be the same for a vehicle...especially if you are putting in fuel with ethanol...

Jsouder53

Hooked
Since I’m going to be changing out the coil packs, I guess I’ll be changing out the spark plugs. I’ve never messed with spark plugs, so is there a better one than another?

WJCO

Meme King
Since I’m going to be changing out the coil packs, I guess I’ll be changing out the spark plugs. I’ve never messed with spark plugs, so is there a better one than another?

Go with OEM. They last 100k. Also make sure motor is cold when you do it so you don't damage the aluminum threads in the heads. And do not over-torque those the plugs. I would definitely put antiseize on the threads of the new spark plugs.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Go with OEM. They last 100k. Also make sure motor is cold when you do it so you don't damage the aluminum threads in the heads. And do not over-torque those the plugs. I would definitely put antiseize on the threads of the new spark plugs.

Thank you very much [emoji106]

Top Bottom