August 2019-USA holiday

Guascone

Hello guys! In order to celebrate my 40’s (May 2019 J) I would like to organize a travel in US.
I would like to focus my trip on the nature and the parks adding a small visit to Las Vegas, Los Angeles and San Diego.

Here the trip draft…

3 weeks on August 2019:

Las Vegas (arrival) 2
Zion 2
Bryce canyon 2
Moab ( is there the possibility to rent a wrangler JK prepared for off road?) 2
Monument Valley 2
Antelope canyon 2
Sequoia 2
Los Angeles 2
San Diego (departure) 3

I don’t know if it make sense to visit all of them or should I skip someone.

I’m really open to any suggestion…please all of your feedback will appreciated!

[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
That looks like a really great list! Hope you can take it all in!

Yes, you can rent Jeeps in Moab. There are a couple places actually. Dan Mick also offers guided tours out there if you're going to be by yourself. Be sure to post hard dates when the time comes - there may even be members going that you could meet up with.

PS: It's gonna be pretty damn hot that time of the year. We did Moab in July and it got up in the 100's(F). Just be sure you're prepared and you should be fine.

Last edited:

Guascone

Below you can see what the travel agency is suggesting us as hotels and stops... I have some concerns; mainly I have the fear that all the stages are very short and the parks visit can be very thaft and short...I will travel with a 4yo kid...what do you think about the time scheduled?

-28/29 Luglio *Las Vegas (2nt)-
-30 Luglio/1 Agosto *Zion (2nt) -
-1 Agosto *Bryce Canyon (1nt) -
-2/5 Agosto *Moab (3nt)-
-5 Agosto *Monument Valley (1nt) -
-6 Agosto *Page/Antelope Canyon (1nt)-
-7 Agosto *Grand Canyon (1nt) -
-8 Agosto *Las Vegas (1nt) -
-9/11 Agosto *Sequoia (2nt) -
-11/14 Agosto *Santa Monica (3nt)-
-14/17 Agosto *San Diego (3nt)-

Thanks!

Jsouder53

Hooked
I would personally suggest to take a couple of those places off the list so that you have a little more time at the other places. I would feel a little rushed on time trying to see all of those places.

That could just be me. I tried planning a cross country trip a couple years ago, I spent months planning it out to the date... that quickly went out the window! But we saw more of what we wanted to see [emoji106]

Guascone

Here my transfer timing estimation:

Las Vegas-Zion 3h
Zion-Bryce Canyon 1h30
Bryce-Moab 4h
Moab-Monument Valley 2h30
Monument valley-Page 2h
Page- Grand Canyon 2h
Grand Canyon-LV 4h
LV-Sequoia 6h
Sequoia-LA 4h
LA- San Diego 3h

Is it realistic?

BaddestCross

Las Vegas-Zion 3h
Zion-Bryce Canyon 1h30
Bryce-Moab 4h
Monument valley-Page 2h
Page- Grand Canyon 2h
Grand Canyon-LV 4h
LV-Sequoia 6h
Sequoia-LA 4h
LA- San Diego 3h

Is it realistic?

I can't speak to states other than California, but the California legs of your trip appear to be reasonable estimates.

Just wondering when you're going to sleep. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

GraniteWilly

I just ended a major road trip and the SW portion had a very similar schedule. What you’re doing is going to be incredible!

That said, in my opinion, monument valley is great and worth checking out, but you don’t necessarily need to stay a night there. You could add a night to the Grand Canyon and keep Monument Valley as a visit along the drive.

Again, just an opinion, there is a hell of a lot more to do at the Grand Canyon.

Guascone

I just ended a major road trip and the SW portion had a very similar schedule. What you’re doing is going to be incredible!

That said, in my opinion, monument valley is great and worth checking out, but you don’t necessarily need to stay a night there. You could add a night to the Grand Canyon and keep Monument Valley as a visit along the drive.

Again, just an opinion, there is a hell of a lot more to do at the Grand Canyon.

Good info!!!

Is there a website where I can better plan my time in Gran Canyon ? I have to take care about what I can do with 4yo kid...

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

GraniteWilly

I think the Parks Service has a website explaining the activities available. I would do a quick search, I’m sure you’ll find plenty.

It’s just so much to take in, there is an easy “rim walk” trail that lets you walk as much as you’d like. There’s also a free shuttle that will take you between the different view points. Of course they have multiple visitor centers as well.

I would highly recommend checking out some of the views at sunrise, it’s pretty spectacular.

DaJudge

Unless you are going to the North Rim of Grand Canyon I would suggest not going back into Vegas on your way to Sequoia. It adds a lot of miles. Also, Vegas to Sequoia is more like 7hrs.

fiend

Caught the Bug

Las Vegas-Zion 3h
Zion-Bryce Canyon 1h30
Bryce-Moab 4h
Monument valley-Page 2h
Page- Grand Canyon 2h
Grand Canyon-LV 4h
LV-Sequoia 6h
Sequoia-LA 4h
LA- San Diego 3h

Is it realistic?

LA to San Diego in 3 hours could be done at night or on a weekend. During a weekday? Good luck.

Top Bottom