Maxxis weight help

RedPool

I have searched until my eyes hurt. Can anyone provide me the weights of Maxxis tires or point me to a place I may find them? Even a general "I had some and they seemed heavier/lighter than other brand" would be helpful. Looking at 35s.

Thanks in advance.

RedPool

Which maxxis tire?

Was looking at the Razr, Considered the Creepy Crawlers but tossed that idea due to my wheeling environment. Currently running Nitto TG and trying to research out the Maxxis before buying new shoes. On a side note, I will be buying a set for my Jeep while looking hard at Nitto RGs for my wife's. Our primary off-road is either sand or light to moderate mud. Not much rock around here.

Exodus 4x4

I run the Razr 40” and I can’t say I noticed any real difference in weight between it and any of the other 40’s I’ve ran or installed for customers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I’m running 35x1250/17 Maxxis Buckshot mudder2.
They are maybe a few pounds lighter than my old Toyo Mts. Don’t think you will notice a difference driving.

On a side note. The Maxxis take a LOT of weights to get them balanced.
IMG_2985.JPG IMG_2986.JPG
My next set will be Cooper, Nitto or Toyos.

RedPool

I run the Razr 40” and I can’t say I noticed any real difference in weight between it and any of the other 40’s I’ve ran or installed for customers.

Thank you. The eliminates weight from my concerns. Now to decide what I am going to do. If I save a few dollars on the shoes, I can upgrade a couple other things but new shoes on 2 Jeeps at once hurts.

RedPool

I’m running 35x1250/17 Maxxis Buckshot mudder2.
They are maybe a few pounds lighter than my old Toyo Mts. Don’t think you will notice a difference driving.

On a side note. The Maxxis take a LOT of weights to get them balanced.
View attachment 313644 View attachment 313645
My next set will be Cooper, Nitto or Toyos.

Definitely more weights than I have on my current Nittos. The mileage on mine has been outstanding. Sitting around 60k currently with maybe another 10k left if I push it. Downside is so much construction going on in my area. I have had to plug 2 of them, looking at funky cuts and chunks as well as getting harder to balance out. They are still top of the list but I want to consider all options first.

RedPool

As an update, I finally found a couple reviews that stated weights. Without being sure as to the accuracy, I am seeing 79.3 pounds for a 35/12.50r17. Everything is pointing to the same ballpark as a Nitto or Toyo.

dytrdr5

That sounds about right, I run 35-12.5-17 Maxxis Razr and they are pretty heavy. However they handle really well off-road and on road, my only main gripe with them would be how hard they were to mount on beadlock wheels, the bead is super tight and just wants to pop out. Ended up having to use grip clamps all around to get them installed

RedPool

That sounds about right, I run 35-12.5-17 Maxxis Razr and they are pretty heavy. However they handle really well off-road and on road, my only main gripe with them would be how hard they were to mount on beadlock wheels, the bead is super tight and just wants to pop out. Ended up having to use grip clamps all around to get them installed.

Good to know with the beadlocks. Thank you. Never had the need for some but who knows what next year brings.

Top Bottom