Hello,....Again.

Krazzyk01

Hello,

I became a member of this group a little while back but didn't get too involved since I was Jeeping only when I visited my brother JT up in Michigan once a year.
Now I've got my own rig and have been hard at work making my Jeep,....well, Mine! (This should be read "ours" since everything I own is my wife's and I just work on it all. LOL)

We live in the Austin, TX area and purchased a 2018 Rubicon JKU as our starting point.

From there the list of mods has gotten longer and longer.

I'll have to come back and update this later tonight but wanted to get started.

Below you'll find a couple pictures I grabbed.

I'll put a lot more meat on this post tonight.

I present to you all,...Grey Gryphon.

1st Day Home.jpg After Party Party (4).jpg 2018 Wrangler JKU Rubicon.jpg 07-06-2018 Flexing DS.jpg 07-06-2018 Post Cut.jpg 20180608_181356.jpg Headrest Facing Outboard 2.jpg Gryphon.jpg

Krazzyk01

Welcome back from Kansas City. And, I have to say that I'm really liking the looks of those ramps

Thank you for all the welcome backs.

The ramps were modeled after a pair my dad made when I was about 8 or 10 years old. I think he still has them to this day. He used 2 x 10 and nails. I used 2 x 12 pressure treated lumber and all Torx bit lag bolts with the flat head. I took a 4 x 4 and cut about 1/3 of it off at a 45 and used two 6" long lags to hold it in place and tie the entire end of the stack into one chunk. Then they weighed so much I put an end cap on them and mounted rollers on the end so I can roll them in/out of the garage. I made them long enough that the angle of approach was gradual enough for my other vehicles can make it up there without scraping.
As you saw in the picture I park Grey Gryphon on them on the front yard and power wash all the mud off there so I don't have to clean the driveway after.

Here's a couple more pictures and then I guess I should start a build thread or something like that.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. 20180913_144658.jpg 20180913_144732.jpg 20180913_144619.jpg Hidden Falls - 07-05-2018 (18).jpg

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Hello Karl - Great to see you're posting.

You can post a re-build thread too...get those fenders back on yet? A story in itself as I recall.

:)

Krazzyk01

Hello Karl - Great to see you're posting.

You can post a re-build thread too...get those fenders back on yet? A story in itself as I recall.

:)

LOL. Yep. They're back on. When I get a min this weekend I'll post my not so secret way to effortlessly remove your front fenders for FREE!

Top Bottom