Dynatrac

Todd1313

Just bought a Jeep with dynatrac pro rock 80’s front and rear. The problem I’m having is the right side will not stay in the open settings. When I drive it makes some noise and engages in the locked position any ideas

WJCO

Meme King
Never heard of a front prorock 80 before. Regardless, what kind of lockers do the axles have in them? ARBs I assume? And are you talking about the RF locking hub keeps engaging on its own?

Todd1313

ARB lockers and dynatrac free spin hubs. One will not stay in open position. This is one of a few pro 80 front axles out there

WJCO

Meme King
ARB lockers and dynatrac free spin hubs. One will not stay in open position. This is one of a few pro 80 front axles out there

Have you tried contacting Dynatrac? Seems like something inside the hub would be having to make this do that.

Once it is engaged, it's not hurting anything though, is it? I would imagine if one was locked and the other wasn't, it would just make the front driveshaft spin but nothing else.

Todd1313

Hasn’t hurt anything, and yes drive shaft spins took it out last weekend and everything works great. Going to call Dynatrac. Thanks for the help.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Just bought a Jeep with dynatrac pro rock 80’s front and rear. The problem I’m having is the right side will not stay in the open settings. When I drive it makes some noise and engages in the locked position any ideas

You need to post some pictures of this beast of an axle!

Benito

Caught the Bug

You need to post some pictures of this beast of an axle!

JK07

The RFA Racing black JKU was also running an 80 up front. That rig was up for sale a few months ago, is this the same one by chance? Beef! IMG_9632.jpg

Sent from my iPad

Ddays

Hooked
Why do you lose up travel with an 80 in front? Serious question.

Gotta say I don’t understand this either.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My guess is the sheer size of the axle but idk

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

D80 ring gear = 11-1/4"
D60 ring gear = 9-3/4"

So the size of the pumpkin is significantly larger

D80 axle tubes are 4" dia
D60 = 3"

Only a half inch but some guys are notching their frames for front D60's because of clearance issues

JKbrick

Top Bottom