VIDEO : SEMA 2018 - Inside Show Coverage - PART 4

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As much as Cindy and I would love cover everything here at SEMA 2018, the show is simply way too big and it'd be impossible for us to do. Needless to say, the most we can ever hope to do is capture what we can and highlight the products that we found to be interesting. In this final episode of our inside the show coverage, you'll get to see luxury high end wheels and carbon fiber products being made by Venomrex, Switch Pros awesome switch panel, Dometic's line of low draw CFX overland refrigerators and last but not least, an innovative new particle separator concept by S&B.

We hope you enjoyed our coverage of the SEMA 2018 and we hope that we were able to bring a little of the show to you.

BaddestCross

The Dometic CFX-35W is the model I went with because of the small footprint - the height in particular because I wanted to run it under my tonneau cover while on their slide. I've been extremely happy with it.

I run the unit on a standard battery in my work van and a gel battery in my Jeep... I leave it on the medium battery protection setting and it runs for 3 days before shutting itself down.

It's compatible with a standard lighter socket and the ARB harness so you can screw in the plug and it won't come loose on the trail. If you pull the basket out, there's plenty of room for food for 2 people for 2-3 days with creative packing.

I highly recommend it... Really solid unit. 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Those where nice looking wheels.

When you said, “particle separator,” I thought you were going to time travel. It’s an interesting idea, but the hood scoop is not very attractive, at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Good work you guys!! S&B thinking outside the box. Nothing I would put on a Jeep but it’s cool someone is trying to find the next big thing.

Brute

Hooked
Thanks Eddie & Cindy for all your efforts and hard work...another SEMA bites the dust (unless you have a particle separator)...

JAGS

Hooked
Noooooo, that’s it?? Hate to see it end. Some really great things this year and quite a bit for the JL. Look forward to your best/worst recap. [emoji41]

Thanks for great coverage and the interviews were well done all around. [emoji106]

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been looking at the Dometic CFX to replace my ARB as well.

The smaller items cubby on the ARB doesn't cool well enough to keep things from spoiling unless I turn the temperature down then things begin to freeze in the main compartment.

I also like the footprint and low profile of the CFX35.

Wonder if I can get a government grant if I run a particle separator :thinking:

The carbon fiber stuff looked cool but can't see it taking trail damage.

I have the MCE fenders on now but considering putting the stock back on and some slight trimming.

Thanks so much for all the coverage and the huge effort. I was able to come down and see the show today, massive and overwhelming doesn’t even come close. I can’t imagine how beat you guys must be.

BaddestCross

So what makes the dometic better?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
For me, it was the size mainly and then the price I got on the whole setup.

I read in a few places that they actually make ARB's units for them, but I couldn't confirm it. ARB may or may not have the adjustable battery saver - I don't recall. The W models are WiFi enabled so you can monitor and control the fridge remotely.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I really enjoyed the coverage and appreciate the amount of work it must of taken to provide it. It’s awesome that you take the time to do that and I can’t thank you both enough. Take a well deserved break!

Top Bottom