Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need advise

I need advise

11/03/18 I was driving down the highway going 65-70 MPH and I start hearing this rattle so I pull over check to see if any heat shied is coming off or anything noticeable and I find nothing so I pull back onto the highway and get up to 65-70 and the front driveshaft snaps randomly I had northridge 4x4 here in Denver install my Evo long arm kit and they didn’t tighten my drive shaft bolts all the way so they came loose and caused a lot of damage should I have them fix everything that broke or how else would you guys go about this?IMG_1380.jpgIMG_1382.jpgIMG_1383.jpgIMG_1384.jpgIMG_1385.jpg

If they fucked it up, they should fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two RockinAZJK's Avatar
    Damn, well I’d certainly be taking it back to them. I had a similar go around (not as bad) with a shop in AZ: had my gears installed, went back for my break in fluid change and axle seal leak (for warranty) and my gears seized down the street from their shop when I left. Ended up making them rebuild my front driveshaft, replace from u-joints, and install a new OEM locker. I would think that Northridge would do the same for you

Fuck that shit. I wouldn’t have them touch my rig after that. They suck. I would make them pay for that shit especially the tub.

How long ago did they do it? I would also have someone check out the rest of their work.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Jeep Wrangler

Rough man, It wouldn’t hurt to contact them. Hope they can help you out.

Offroad Evolution installed my kit and my front driveshaft flange bolts came loose so do they suck also? Luckily for me it happened at slow speed off road. I'm guessing they properly installed the bolts and they worked themselves loose. I started checking mine regularly. A good way to check the driveshaft is to crawl under and push up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RSQCON View Post
    Offroad Evolution installed my kit and my front driveshaft flange bolts came loose so do they suck also? Luckily for me it happened at slow speed off road. I'm guessing they properly installed the bolts and they worked themselves loose. I started checking mine regularly. A good way to check the driveshaft is to crawl under and push up on it.
    No driveshaft bolts don’t just work themselves loose if they are installed properly with locktite.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

2012 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Fuck that shit. I wouldn’t have them touch my rig after that. They suck. I would make them pay for that shit especially the tub.

How long ago did they do it? I would also have someone check out the rest of their work.

The long arms were installed 9/28 and they claim everything was perfect and I’ll be good to go for a long time so obviously when you hear something like that you think you’re good to go but finally It decided to snap yesterday and the tub is what really pisses me off lucky it didn’t crack the transfer case but it did snap the transfer case shift cable so they’re going to be replacing a lot of shit and fixing everything when I get to talk to them tomorrow definitely not happy and I know they don’t have the greatest rep on here and I won’t be returning to them after this is resolved

If anyone on here is in Denver where do you guys get a lot of your work done?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHanley View Post
    The long arms were installed 9/28 and they claim everything was perfect and I’ll be good to go for a long time so obviously when you hear something like that you think you’re good to go but finally It decided to snap yesterday and the tub is what really pisses me off lucky it didn’t crack the transfer case but it did snap the transfer case shift cable so they’re going to be replacing a lot of shit and fixing everything when I get to talk to them tomorrow definitely not happy and I know they don’t have the greatest rep on here and I won’t be returning to them after this is resolved
    I would have the transfer case pressure tested to be sure the case isn’t cracked anywhere. Doesn’t take much to crack those housings.

2012 Jeep Wrangler

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast