Thread: Tj

Fresh Catch

Tj

2006 X tj
    Heater doesn’t work. Changed the resistor and the switch. All the fuses are good. Where to go from here?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by eatinbiskit View Post
    2006 X tj
    Heater doesn’t work. Changed the resistor and the switch. All the fuses are good. Where to go from here?

Is the blower blowing? Or it's only blowing cold air instead of hot?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Is the blower blowing? Or it's only blowing cold air instead of hot?
    Not blowing at all. It never made any sound like it might be about to lock up or going bad.

Not blowing at all. It never made any sound like it might be about to lock up or going bad.

Put direct power and ground to the blower motor. If it works, then the motor is fine and you've got a circuit issue. If it doesn't work, then it's a bad motor. Also make sure it isn't seized from leaves or dead mice, etc.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Fresh Catch
    Put direct power and ground to the blower motor. If it works, then the motor is fine and you've got a circuit issue. If it doesn't work, then it's a bad motor. Also make sure it isn't seized from leaves or dead mice, etc.
    Thanks. Just hooked it to power and motor is good. Cleaned minimal debris.

Is there a relay or something I need to look for. I just printed off a schematic and it shows a fuse or something close to hvac right of center.

Thanks. Just hooked it to power and motor is good. Cleaned minimal debris.

Is there a relay or something I need to look for. I just printed off a schematic and it shows a fuse or something close to hvac right of center.

Hard to say but there very well could be something there. The first thing I would do is check that the ground wire is good. Then check the power wire and work backwards to see where power is lost (if that's the wire that's open).

Fresh Catch
    Hard to say but there very well could be something there. The first thing I would do is check that the ground wire is good. Then check the power wire and work backwards to see where power is lost (if that's the wire that's open).
    Okdoke.

Caught the Bug
    Don't forget to check the thermostat also. It might need changing.