Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which one? Ram Hemi or Ford 5.0

Which one? Ram Hemi or Ford 5.0

Totally off track of notnalc68’s original post, but The new ram 3500s on the air ride suspension ride perfectly fine for every day driving in great for hauling. They are remarkably smooth compared to the similar ford and Chevy.

Back to the original question, I’d go with the 16’ Ram.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    My brother in law bought a F450 with the aluminum flat bed to haul his 300' horse trailer. Talk about a rough ride - good grief! We went on a 2 hour trip with them empty and I think I ended up being 2" shorter when we were done. These HD trucks are great for hauling but for everyday driving they absolutely suck.
    Your brother in-law has a lot of horses

1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Been Around the Block Bierpower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post

300' is about the length of 6 semi trailers. Must be a bitch to go through towns.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bierpower View Post
    300' is about the length of 6 semi trailers. Must be a bitch to go through towns.

Road train

IMG_9834.JPG

1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bierpower View Post

LOL, it looks like it's 300' when he's trying to park it. Too damn long for me to want to drive!

I was just going through this last month.... Been a Chevy guy my whole life... 1965 - C10, 1978' - C10, 1990 - 1500, 2001- 2500, 2005 - 2500 Dmax. Just got my first ever Ford F150 and I really like it a lot. If you don't need to tow, I would skip the Duramax.... great truck but if anything goes wrong with the engine or tranny it could get expensive. And definitely don't get a lifted one because the front end can't handle it. 5.0 and Hemi are solid motors so I think it just depends on which truck you like best. My business partner has a 13' - 5.0 and its a solid workhorse. I'm partial to the 15-18 body style on the F150 and was looking at 15' - 5.0's..... But I ended up with an 18' - 2.7 ecoboost hoping that the redesigned dual port injection in addition to the direct injection, solves the problem with deposits on the back of the valves... plus it's a good looking truck and fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I'd agree that the Dodge on coils rides better than a F250SD, but the F-150's are on coils.
    My '17 SD rides like it's rocking a Rubicon Express lift kit - like an empty goddam dumptruck. I would not
    want one of these as a daily driver.

Having said that, it's still an easy pick: F150.
    In the front they all have coils. Specific to this conversation though, the fords whether 1/2 or 3/4 ton ride on rear leaf springs whereas the dodges both ride on “four link” coils.

That gives the Rams slightly less towing and payload capacity across the board when compared to GM or Ford equals, but provides far better everyday ride handling and quality.

2014 JKUR Anvil
    KK6MRA

Quote Originally Posted by Irish JK View Post
    In the front they all have coils. Specific to this conversation though, the fords whether 1/2 or 3/4 ton ride on rear leaf springs whereas the dodges both ride on “four link” coils.

That gives the Rams slightly less towing and payload capacity across the board when compared to GM or Ford equals, but provides far better everyday ride handling and quality.

Yeah, I read his statement too quick. I'm not partial to the Dodge trucks but they do ride pretty damn nice. And few haul anywhere near capacity anyways so with what serves your daily needs.

The 16 Ram I had underneath was just like a jk except everything was 2x bigger, it rode great. My 19 GMC rides a little more firm but I prefer the GMC for some reason. I have no insight on an f150

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar

Which one? Ram Hemi or Ford 5.0

Okay. So the story. I’m a pharmacist, and you can damn near only get out of work by dying. If the wife thinks she has car trouble, she won’t quit until my 78 year old Dad drives 85 miles to check on her.

I was looking for a pickup in the $25k or less range (still buying a JL, but can’t swing it right now).

I drove the Ram tonight. It has a shit ton of power, it looks good, it’s comfortable, and will probably get better gas mileage than the Ford. It’s 2 years newer, and has almost 30k less miles. The Ram is sitting in my driveway, right now. The beater Camry is still around, so now I have 3 vehicles. Problem solved.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Build Thread-- http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...l-II-The-Deuce

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast