LoD Offroad Bike Rack

Hello readers,

Want to take bikes on your trip? Not sure how to attach them? Don't want to use a sketchy hitch-mounted carrier? We have developed, and will soon be releasing, an add-on bike rack for those of you who wish to stay mobile, and take your bike on your adventures! It holds two bikes comfortably, and attaches securely and conveniently to the Destroyer tire carrier trail rack setup. It allows you to carry everything you normally would, but with two bikes added into the mix, and allows the user to operate the tailgate without having to remove anything off the back.

DSC04527.jpg
DSC04535.jpg
Open.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
That's pretty slick. Will this work with the signature series bumper and carrier? If not any plans to make one for that bumper?

dougnuts

LōD Offroad;1088728 said:
Hello readers,

Want to take bikes on your trip? Not sure how to attach them? Don't want to use a sketchy hitch-mounted carrier? We have developed, and will soon be releasing, an add-on bike rack for those of you who wish to stay mobile, and take your bike on your adventures! It holds two bikes comfortably, and attaches securely and conveniently to the Destroyer tire carrier trail rack setup. It allows you to carry everything you normally would, but with two bikes added into the mix, and allows the user to operate the tailgate without having to remove anything off the back.

View attachment 314117
View attachment 314118
View attachment 314119
Did you just write "a sketchy hitch-mounted carrier" and then plug a top tube dangling, no stability, frame damaging rack?

Sorry but no serious bike owner is going to use this. First of all, very few high end bikes can be safely carried by the top tube. Second, the swinging that will ensue the moment you go off road will cause severe damage to the bikes as they collide with each other and your Jeep.

Hitch mounted racks are the gold standard of stability. Especially racks like 1upUSA, Northshore racks and Alta racks. All of these are rated for off road driving. They don't touch your frame at all and won't hand you a destroyed bike frame once you get to the trailhead.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Did you just write "a sketchy hitch-mounted carrier" and then plug a top tube dangling, no stability, frame damaging rack?

Sorry but no serious bike owner is going to use this. First of all, very few high end bikes can be safely carried by the top tube. Second, the swinging that will ensue the moment you go off road will cause severe damage to the bikes as they collide with each other and your Jeep.

Hitch mounted racks are the gold standard of stability. Especially racks like 1upUSA, Northshore racks and Alta racks. All of these are rated for off road driving. They don't touch your frame at all and won't hand you a destroyed bike frame once you get to the trailhead.

Did you just use this for your first post? :asshat: Don't buy it then.. Mr HighEnd bike guy..:naw:

WJCO

Meme King

Lol. Welcome to WAYALIFE. With your credibility and reputation here, I'm sure everyone will jump onboard with your opinions. You must be some kind of engineer or something. :crazyeyes:

dougnuts

Did you just use this for your first post? :asshat: Don't buy it then.. Mr HighEnd bike guy..:naw:
This is what came up in a Google search. I came here to see and left a post. I've forgotten more about bike racks than the OP will ever know. Trying to save someone the coin of buying this shit.

dougnuts

Lol. Welcome to WAYALIFE. With your credibility and reputation here, I'm sure everyone will jump onboard with your opinions. You must be some kind of engineer or something. :crazyeyes:
Everyone is new at some point. I can't see or give/take rep because I only use tapatalk so I don't really care about it.

This is what came up in a Google search. I came here to see and left a post. I've forgotten more about bike racks than the OP will ever know. Trying to save someone the coin of buying this shit.

IMG_9958.JPG .

Overlanders absentee submission

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’d pay money to see you go “off roading” with your bike mounted vertical on an Alta rack, or any of the racks you mention. I’m not saying I think the solution in this thread is the be all end all, but the only off roading the racks you mention are set up for is driving a fire road back into town with your man bun buddy to get your pumpkin carmel macchiato donkey dicks.

Edit: I see your off road vehicle is a Subaru. That explains everything about what you think is off-roading.

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
I’d pay money to see you go “off roading” with your bike mounted vertical on an Alta rack, or any of the racks you mention. I’m not saying I think the solution in this thread is the be all end all, but the only off roading the racks you mention are set up for is driving a fire road back into town with your man bun buddy to get your pumpkin carmel macchiato donkey dicks.

Edit: I see your off road vehicle is a Subaru. That explains everything about what you think is off-roading.

He might have a gimbal mounted tri-axis cup holder for that pumpkin carmel macchiato donkey dick with whip cream...

dougnuts

I didn't say rock crawling. I said off roading. Yes, that includes dirt roads. Did you know you'll void the warranty of most bike racks the moment they go off road?

Yes, I've seen Alta racks, along with the others I've mentioned, doing some interesting dirt roads to get to trailheads.

With the rack in the OP, even stop and go traffic will wreck your bike.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I didn't say rock crawling. I said off roading. Yes, that includes dirt roads. Did you know you'll void the warranty of most bike racks the moment they go off road?

Yes, I've seen Alta racks, along with the others I've mentioned, doing some interesting dirt roads to get to trailheads.

With the rack in the OP, even stop and go traffic will wreck your bike.

Dirt roads are still roads. If a Subaru can drive it, then it's not off-roading.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
And now it's clear what the motivation was for this dick weed to make an account. You think you will soak up some free advertising and get some rack sales? Think again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom