Rubicon Axle and Swaybar Removal

bhaner

With my build I will be removing both the rubicon axles with e-lockers and the electronic sway bar.

What do I need to do to make the computer happy with not having those things attached?

Also, is there a way to hook my ARB's to the locker lights on the dash?

Bierpower

Hooked
With my build I will be removing both the rubicon axles with e-lockers and the electronic sway bar.

What do I need to do to make the computer happy with not having those things attached?

Also, is there a way to hook my ARB's to the locker lights on the dash?
Their was a thread on wiring the locker through the factory switches but it would only work in factory conditions i.e. 4low under 18mph.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

rockwell

Yeah. I don't think I want to do that. Just wondering if I can make the lights light up with the ARB switches.

I control my ARBs with the Rubicon switches and the lights come on accordingly. Mine control them like stock and even turn on my compressor if I forget.I have no desire to engage them outside of the normal parameters. If you use the Rubicon switches there is a mod to bypass the nanny. If you just want the dash lights (w/aftermarket switches), you can use the wires for each ARB solenoid to control a relay that completes the circuit that the plunger would normally complete.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bhaner

I control my ARBs with the Rubicon switches and the lights come on accordingly. Mine control them like stock and even turn on my compressor if I forget.I have no desire to engage them outside of the normal parameters. If you use the Rubicon switches there is a mod to bypass the nanny. If you just want the dash lights (w/aftermarket switches), you can use the wires for each ARB solenoid to control a relay that completes the circuit that the plunger would normally complete.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good info. Thanks!

jorgelrod

Hooked
You can turn off the Sway bar light with the Procal if I'm not mistaken. Are you taking it off, or just converting it to manual/air?

benatc1

Hooked
I ran arbs seperate from Rubicon switches and had no issues with lights or anything like that with the harness removed. You just need separate switches for arbs, completely bypassing the factory system.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

bhaner

I ran arbs seperate from Rubicon switches and had no issues with lights or anything like that with the harness removed. You just need separate switches for arbs, completely bypassing the factory system.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

So far that is exactly what I have.

I just haven't had the battery hooked up since I removed the swaybar and axles. Not really sure what it is going to do.

zimm

Caught the Bug
The 18mph limit is for the sway bar. It locks back up if you exceed 18mph. I think you can run lockers in 4lo until you rev out in top gear.

jdofmemi

Removing completely. I have front and rear antirock to install.

I don't understand the appeal of the AntiRock.
To me it is too soft for the street, and too stiff for off road.

I wheeled with a guy with one, and at the event there was an rti ramp. We had similar set ups, but I got very near 1000 on the ramp, while he limited at barely over 700.

We pulled his links off of the AntiRock and he scored very near what I did.

I will keep my corner carving ability on the mountain roads leading to the trails, and keep all of my flex, instead of being limited on both.

Just my thoughts, yours may differ.

bhaner

I don't understand the appeal of the AntiRock.
To me it is too soft for the street, and too stiff for off road.

I wheeled with a guy with one, and at the event there was an rti ramp. We had similar set ups, but I got very near 1000 on the ramp, while he limited at barely over 700.

We pulled his links off of the AntiRock and he scored very near what I did.

I will keep my corner carving ability on the mountain roads leading to the trails, and keep all of my flex, instead of being limited on both.

Just my thoughts, yours may differ.

Will see how it does. I have never run one.

The advice I got was split down the middle. Some people love it... Some people hate it.

If I don't like it I can always reinstall the factory rubicon sway bar.

Brute

Hooked
I had Anti Rocks on the front of two jeeps...I have since removed them both...you need to constantly check the retaining bolt that clamps the splined section on the sway bar...I eventually wore through the splines on the arms...

I would be interested in your Rubi sway bar if you decide to sell it...

MericaMade

I had Anti Rocks on the front of two jeeps...I have since removed them both...you need to constantly check the retaining bolt that clamps the splined section on the sway bar...I eventually wore through the splines on the arms...

I would be interested in your Rubi sway bar if you decide to sell it...
Is this a common problem? I heard they are nosing as well. Last thing I want is one more thing to maintain.

jesse3638

Hooked
Is this a common problem? I heard they are nosing as well. Last thing I want is one more thing to maintain.
Yes they are noisy. Also if I remember correctly Eddie ran one on the rear of Moby and it actually ended up breaking. I want to say it was the spline sway bar shaft but I could be wrong. It's on one of his videos but I can't remember which one.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

Once the splines are allowed to start wearing (due to the bolt not being tight enough) they will continue to wear no matter how tight you then tighten that bolt. Arms just rock back and forth on the shaft, wearing them further.

Brute

Hooked
Once the splines are allowed to start wearing (due to the bolt not being tight enough) they will continue to wear no matter how tight you then tighten that bolt. Arms just rock back and forth on the shaft, wearing them further.

I actually snapped a bolt on the end of the sway bar coming down the Chute on Flat Iron Mesa in Moab...I had to pull off one of the antirock arms on the trail, then completely removed the entire set up once off the trail and put in a stock sway bar for the ride home...

MericaMade

Yes they are noisy. Also if I remember correctly Eddie ran one on the rear of Moby and it actually ended up breaking. I want to say it was the spline sway bar shaft but I could be wrong. It's on one of his videos but I can't remember which one.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
I try and find it. So what gives you more flexibility with the Stock Rubi Disconnects.

EVO no limits, quick sway disconnects, or anti rocks?

Top Bottom