Leaking fuel line

chusterpr

Just came back from deployment and found a weird gas smell. When i leaned under the passenger side i found a leak in the hose in the picture. Looks to be like a pinhole leak, but from what ive researched it seems like i would have to lower the tank and everything. Is there an easy fix to this? IMG_0048.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked
If you need the line from there to the engine I have one laying in the garage 👍.
Being that it has been sitting, I would guess the o-ring in that connector just dry rotted.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
resurrecting this thread hoping someone has found a repair kit that works.

I need to measure the line diameter but thinking of using the Dorman 90* pre fit line and a fuel line connector

The replacement fuel line isn't that expensive but trying not to drop the tank to replace the line.

2010JK_FueLine.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
reviving this thread - my leaking fuel line goes from the front of the tank up to the engine.

base on the size, i'm guessing it's the line to the fuel rail.

has anyone replaced this line? is seems to be attached somewhere midway and not in a visible spot to see what's holding it in place.

SInce It already has the hole in it, tomorrow i'm cutting the connector off and seeing if the dorman repair kit will work.

2010JK_FueLine.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
Less than $30 in parts from Dorman and fuel line is fixed!

Took it out around town and the freeway, successful 30 mile test drive - no fuel smell, no leak! :wings:

I was about to bite the $500 bullet on having the line raplaced at a shop, it runs from the tank up alongside the engine to the fuel rail and couldn't see nor figure out where the clips were on the engine side :doh:

Dorman made it easy:thumb:

now to replace the oil pan seal, reseal the lower oil pan and show the control arms some overdue maintenance love then get it off-road again!

Last edited:
Top Bottom