Evo Bolt On Coilovers & MORE Dual Battery Tray

Ajkaz

Does anyone know if the MORE Dual battery tray will interfere with the EVO Bolt on Coilovers?
I'm looking at installing one after the other and am thinking the ribs underneath the battery tray are the ones I'm supposed to trim when installing the front passenger coilover tower.

Does anyone know if the MORE Dual battery tray will interfere with the EVO Bolt on Coilovers?
I'm looking at installing one after the other and am thinking the ribs underneath the battery tray are the ones I'm supposed to trim when installing the front passenger coilover tower.

I had to cut basically everything forward (towards bumper) of battery tray and even some of the tray itself. Battery is basically hanging out over nothing now. You really have to do a lot of trimming. Much more than I was expecting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WLAJeep

Would it have been easier to trim the top of the coilover mount slightly? I have a Genesis Dual Battery tray and am trying to figure out if I'll run into issues or not.

My original TIPM failed spectacularly due to a circuit board crack, and needed to be replaced. So I don't want to trim or mess with the new TIPM fuse box.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Would it have been easier to trim the top of the coilover mount slightly? I have a Genesis Dual Battery tray and am trying to figure out if I'll run into issues or not.

My original TIPM failed spectacularly due to a circuit board crack, and needed to be replaced. So I don't want to trim or mess with the new TIPM fuse box.

Welcome to WAL. Couple of things at work there. First, the mount is up that high for a reason. Second, there isn't a lot to trim away of the mount, other than reinforcements. Personally, I would rather trim away some plastic for the battery tray (not fuse panel) than to mess with a mount that's really well designed to fit in such a tight area and support more than a quarter of the weight of the jeep plus do it in dynamic loads. I have this pic handy. I have a few more here somewhere that show a bit more...

upper co mount.jpeg

PS I had just got the co mounted here. I know there's no preload and the timing rings are not where they're supposed to be.

Top Bottom