Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have no luck

Hooked

I have no luck

Sold my heavily modified 2yr old JK after dumping $$$$ into it the last few months and picked up a new Grand Cherokee. On day 3 of ownership I noticed a clunk noise in the front end after you came to a complete stop. The clunk gets louder the harder you stop and you can feel it in the brake pedal, dealer didn't know what to do since the damn thing was so new and none of the others on the lot did it so they decided to replace the front upper/lower controls arms. Sound didn't go away so Mon they are replacing one of the knuckles and hub assemblies. Then today the damn Carplay feature dies on me in the stupid thing which is apparently a huge problem in the JL's with this garbage Uconnect system. It's been in the shop more days than I've driven it! I've owned two of FCA's "best" vehicles now (Wrangler/GC) and they both have questionable engineering inside and out.

Now I'm seeing in Eddie's SEMA videos when talking with Dynatrac that the JL still has weaknesses from the factory, is it too much to ask that a $40-50K have some thought put into it? My GC has less than 150 miles and I already resent it. Thanks for letting me rant.

Sorry to hear about that! That sucks!

I'm sure it will all be settled soon. FCA sure lacks QC.

My little 2005 Honda Accord with 175,000 miles runs like the day I picked it up from the dealer. Best car I've ever owned.

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry to hear... I’ve learned to lower my expectations on vehicles... they all have issues at some point. Hopefully the dealer figures it out.

Sorry to hear! Odd that the dealership couldn’t pin point the suspension issue. It sucks, but maybe take it to a different dealership?

That sucks! Sorry to hear you're having those headaches with a brand new Jeep purchase

Rant away man! That sucks, but hopefully they will get it figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hooked
    *Update*
    It’s fixed! The Jeep dealer basically went overboard on everything and replaced the following in order;
    - Upper & Lower control arms
    - Front Kunckles
    - Link Stabilizers
    - Hub and Bearing assembly’s
    - Brake Pads
    - Rotors

Mind you this was for the entire front, not just one side and can you guess what it was? *Drum roll* brake pads and rotors!
    Last edited by MDK210; 11-20-2018 at 01:49 AM.

Lol. A technician's worst enemy is himself. Always check the simple stuff first.

Glad they figured it out. 🍻

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Been Around the Block Tanktitan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Lol. A technician's worst enemy is himself. Always check the simple stuff first.

Glad they figured it out.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Glad you called them technicians, not mechanics.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast