Introducing Mr. Hyde

ammojustin

So, after looking at many of the other builds on here I really feel out of my league. That being said, I still wanna show what I’m working with and try to soak in all suggestions made. Budget for this thing is tight so upgrades will come slowly but I look forward to chatting with you guys and learning some new stuff. Image1542083651.476834.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ammojustin

Image1542083780.801160.jpg

First thing that had to be done was a new Smittybilt tire carrier. Previous owner had 37” on 20” XD’s still mounted on the OE rear mount. Honestly surprised I still have a tailgate.

ammojustin

IMG_0844.jpg
Judge me all you want, but I love the third break light showing off that beautiful 20”!!! And on the plus side, no one can say they didn’t see me braking. I was following the wife the other day and I could see her from miles away!!!

ammojustin

Welcome to Wayalife from Montana!

Nice build! Except, I vote the iconic stock grill goes back on

Didn’t really have a choice on that one. Believe the last was tailgating a dump truck and took a brick in the grill. Had to go! Plus this is a joint build for me and the wife, she goes for the “pretty” upgrades. Lol

Bear_JT

Hooked
Looks pretty decent. Don’t feel out of your league. We all start somewhere. You might change something a few times before you get it the way you want it.

kellyk

Welcome from Georgia! Happy wife happy life! Let me know how you like the rubicon express add ons. This is the way I’m going with my build that will get started after Xmas. Would love your feedback on their products

ammojustin

Welcome from Georgia! Happy wife happy life! Let me know how you like the rubicon express add ons. This is the way I’m going with my build that will get started after Xmas. Would love your feedback on their products

So far I like em. I have the track bar, full Hd tie rod kit, quick disconnect sway bar links and the drag link. Only real complaint is that the drag link said direct fit on the sit but once I removed the old one I found out that I had to drill a 7/8 hole in the steering knuckle. I’m sure for most that not a big deal but I don’t have the tools (expensive bit that I will never use again). So I did take the Jeep to the local 4wP to get that part done. Lastly the bolts supplied with the stabilizer mount on the tie rod were basically plastic and destroyed. I will be going to our local bolt shop to get some good ones soon. But other than that I’m not upset. Pics will be coming soon so you can see it

kellyk

So far I like em. I have the track bar, full Hd tie rod kit, quick disconnect sway bar links and the drag link. Only real complaint is that the drag link said direct fit on the sit but once I removed the old one I found out that I had to drill a 7/8 hole in the steering knuckle. I’m sure for most that not a big deal but I don’t have the tools (expensive bit that I will never use again). So I did take the Jeep to the local 4wP to get that part done. Lastly the bolts supplied with the stabilizer mount on the tie rod were basically plastic and destroyed. I will be going to our local bolt shop to get some good ones soon. But other than that I’m not upset. Pics will be coming soon so you can see it

RE supplied the plastic parts? Also, are you running the RE Lift kit?

ammojustin

It was more of a joke. The bolts supplied for the stabilizer mount striped out during my initial tightening. They were not even close to tight. As for the lift, it’s a rough country lift I am still trying to figure out what size. Previously installed but all sins point to 3.5 or 4.5

kellyk

Ok, scared me for a minute. I’ve gone back and forth for quite a while about which kit to install on my 2 door. RE has a complete kit with control arms and front track bar for 3.5 lift that I finally decided on. Thought I was going to start the search all over again when you said plastic parts. Whew, glad you were joking. Lots of knowledge on this forum, don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have. The folks here will share a lot with you. Thanks for the feedback

Top Bottom