Engine light

thorndike

Hello folks,
I am rediscovering the joys of purchasing a used car!
The other day the check engine light came on. It didn't come on while test driving, no, that would have been really helpful, but only after we took it home.
Anyway, I took the Jeep to O'Reilly's and they ran the scanner. The errors that appeared were:

C1014 Left Front wheel speed comparative performance
C101F Right Front wheel speed comparative performance
P0406 Exhaust recirculation sensor A circuit high (this error was listed twice)

The next morning I started the car and the light was off.
Today I took it to get the emissions checked and of course the light was back on. The emissions report reported that the issue was

"a broken or disconnected connector"

I don't even know where to begin on tracking this down. The fact that the light has been on and off leads me to believe it could be a loose connection. Can someone point me in the right location to begin tracking this down?

Thanks!

2007 Jeep Wrangler X

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
I would order a Blue Driver. It’s an OBD 2 scanner and will tell you what’s causing any light to be on and tell you the fix the usually works for others that had that same issue... very helpful tool for any vehicle you have

thorndike

That looks really useful! Thanks!

I would order a Blue Driver. It’s an OBD 2 scanner and will tell you what’s causing any light to be on and tell you the fix the usually works for others that had that same issue... very helpful tool for any vehicle you have

WJCO

Meme King
If you have a 3.8l, it probably has carbon built up inside the EGR valve. You might be able to clean it out with some BG 44K or a few tanks of high octane gas. We got about a year of no light by doing a can of 44k and a couple tanks of 91octane. But eventually the light came on and stayed on. I need to change the valve but not sure when I'll get to it.

Your other codes are likely damaged speed sensor wires or bad abs sensors.

Top Bottom